“Poor Food”

Raven's Glenn Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Ohio's Crown Jewel of Wineries Nestled in one of our carefully-tended vineyards, family owned and operated, 200+ domestic and international awards, Wedding & Conference Center, Ohio's premiere winery & dining destination
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stopped to have our anniversary dinner there. we order the new york strip steak. I asked for it to be well done It came out red with blood on the plate. Sent it back to be cooked some more It still came out red. I left with out eating,didn't get charged for my steak, but it screwed up our evening. Thanks for nothing Raven's Glenn

All reviews
"wine tasting"
in 26 reviews
"piano music"
"flat bread"
"omelet"
in 2 reviews
"nice selection of wines"
"tasting room"
"patio"
"coshocton"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Seven couples visited for Saturday night dinner and their wine tastings, we had reservations. The wine tasting was exceptional. There were a nice variety of wines, the staff was very knowledgeable about the wines and the price for a complete tasting was exceptionally low! The wines were good.
Dinner was a different story. We were one of several larger groups plus it seemed they were hosting a small wedding. Our food came out very slowly, when it did, the appetizers came out with the salads. The main courses came out very late and very staggered. Half of our group was half way through their main course when the others were served. One poor guy ordered lasagna and they forgot his order. The cooked a few pasta noodles, poured red sauce and meat on it, and served it after the rest of us were finished. He could not eat it. The manager only the deducted half the cost of his meal--very poor response on their part. Very poor performance overall on the food part. If we did not have reservations for our large group, I would have understood overwhelming the kitchen. But they knew we were coming and still messed up badly.
I would return for the wine tasting but not for a meal.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Visited the winery today for their Sunday buffet brunch and was very pleased with everything. Food selections were more than adequate and all excellent. They offer some fantastic shrip cocktail on the salad bar, carved prime rib, several pasta dishes that were excellent, plus an assortment of veggies. For those who want breakfast, prepared omlets are available with all the fixings including bacon, sausage and hash browns. To top it all off (if you dare), a very nice selection of deserts are waiting for you. I might add, your drink is also incuded. Great meal and service for $19.00 a person.

1  Thank RetiredOhioTravelers
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We spent a Saturday afternoon at the winery and took the tour. The tour was with the owner who is a charming gentleman who clearly loves his winery and loves sharing the joys of wine. He's definitely not a wine snob and it's refreshing to see that he doesn't take it all too seriously.

We were there for the Pacific Evening. It was an event that you could make reservations for, it had a 5 course meal with a wine pairing with each course - and entertainment.

The dinner was ok. The first course of Poke was excellent, but a bit too spicy. The soup was nice. The third course of garlic shrimp with lo mein was terrible - the shrimp were rubbery, tough and over cooked, and the lo mein tasted like it was just drenched in soy sauce - WAY too salty. The 4th course was tuna - it was ok, a little bland. The dessert was ok as well.

The entertainment was nice. They had someone from Hawaii performing hula dances and a gentleman who works full time locally and is clearly an enthusiast for Hawaiian culture MC-ing and performing in the show.

The star of the evening - as it should be - was the wine. Raven's Glenn makes nice wine and it's very enjoyable. I'm not a fan of dessert wine, so we only took a sip of the last one, but the Riesling is great - and I'm not usually a fan of riesling. The October White was so good we went in and bought a bottle after dinner.

It was a fun evening with friends, good wine, and a lot of laughs.