“Highly Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westerville
Aiken, South Carolina
“Highly Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've traveled around the world, have thousands of miles with Marriott and carry their credit card. After this stay (and the company response to our findings) that relationship is about over. This Fairfield property appears to be reasonably new. It's clean and the breakfast and facilities are as advertised. The rooms are also as promised and are clean. You simply can sleep in this hotel or safely take a shower.

This property features the most uncomfortable beds we've ever experienced. Hard trim around the edge of the mattress that you could bruise yourself on. The mattress itself is not comfortable. The sheets appear to be very cheap and don't breath. We had the room turned down to 66 degrees and still perspired under the covers. The bathrooms feature tubs with no treated bottom surfaces and no rubber mats. When taking a shower it's like going to a skating rink (NOT safe). When taking a shower there's also no place to hang your towel for drying except on the floor (hope it's clean). When we attempted to log onto the "free" net that's provided by the facility we got a Hilton screen (thank goodness we're members and could log in). Needless to say neither my wife nor myself got any rest at this hotel and recommend that you AVOID this property as there are LOTS of other lodging alternatives in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Go to a different property!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Carly P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear UncleKeith,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with our hotel and, as previously discussed, I want to reiterate my apologies for the challenges you faced while visiting us.

I most certainly welcome your feedback concerning having a place to hang your towel while showering and it is a valid point that I assure you I will look into.

I also apologize for the problems you had connecting to our internet service. We do offer complimentary wireless access, listed under our specific network, and I apologize if that option did not automatically populate for you.

Our staff always does their best to respond promptly to any need you may have while staying with us and it is always recommend that you reach out to our front desk with any questions or concerns in order for us to help correct the problem for you and make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We are more than happy to help in any way we can.

Thank you again for your feedback and while I am sorry to hear that you do not wish to stay with us again, our staff would greatly appreciate a second chance to provide you the type of service that would make you want to return and visit us any time you are in the Columbus area.

I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Elkview, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend during a mini shopping trip to Easton and Polaris. Wonderful hotel. Very clean and super friendly staff. Even had a mini refrigerator as requested, so we could keep our cheesecake cold. Will definitely stay here whenever we come back to Columbus!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Heather W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations. Easton and Polaris are definitely two of the best shopping locations in the state of Ohio so I hope you had a great time! We take sincere pride in giving our guests the kind of service that will make them want to return and I am happy to hear that you experienced that. We look forward to having you with us again during your next visit to Columbus and cheesecake is always welcomed :)

Bowling Green, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in a king mini-suite while visiting Columbus for the Ohio State Fair. We like the Fairfield brand and this was one of the best. The room was large with a separate sitting and work area with TV. The bathroom was well laid out with plenty of counter space. The bed was the usual very comfortable one we always expect from Marriott. Breakfast was in a large comfortable area with plenty of seating and the staff kept everything tidy and well stocked. Our only reservation was the noise from the road. I can not understand why newer hotels don't spend a little more on better windows and sound insulation. We will definitely consider this property when we are in the Columbus area again.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room opposite the road for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Hello DSinBG,

We always welcome the feedback of our guests to help us improve and thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our hotel. I am happy to hear that your bed was comfortable, the layout of your room accomodating and that breakfast was enjoyable. I sincerely apologize for the sound of the traffic noise that you heard from your room. During your next trip to Columbus, if you decide to stay at our property, which I most certainly hope you do, please feel free to request a room opposite of the road and our will absolutely do their best to accomodate you. We always want to make sure you get a good night's rest while staying with us and we will do whatever we can to ensure that. I hope you and your wife had a great time at the fair and look forward to having you visit us in the future.

Birch Run
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel staff was very nice and accomidating. We had stayed for a softball tournament and I thought the rooms were comfortable and clean. We stayed in a King suit and i like the addition of the Mini Fridge and microwave in the room. It was helpful to keep the waters cold before the games, and for left overs for snacks later at night. The pool area was clean and kept up. The breakfast in the morning had the standard things on it, eggs (a bit watery for sure), pork sausage patties, make your own waffles, and the regular continential breakfast fares. Over all, it was okay. Seating was available.i did hear some people complaining of no seats available to them but to be honest, there were 2 very large groups in during that time and had finished eating and then just sat there chatting while others wandered around looking for a table. It wasn't the hotel's fault, just other rude guests. Check in/check out was easy. Very nice. i would defintely stay there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Carly P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello Shelly A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your King Suite and that the room was comfortable and functional. Our staff takes great pride in providing our guests with a clean pool area and a balanced breakfast each day and I am happy to hear that you experienced both during your stay. I hope the softball tournament went well and we hope to have you stay with us again during your next visit to Columbus. Good luck to you on any future softball tournaments you might have this summer!

Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located to shopping, restaurants and major freeways. The hotel is clean and includes a hot breakfast. It's also an entirely non-smoking property (I was surprised to learn that not all of the hotels in the area are!).

Hello Fillmytanks,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Polaris is the perfect location for a getaway and I hope you were able to take advantage of the great shopping and awesome restaurants close to our hotel while you were visiting. We always want to provide our guests with a room that's clean, fresh and reflects the highest quality standards and I am very pleased to hear that your room reflected that. Marriott adopted a Smoke Free Enviroment for every hotel across the country and we are happy to provide that to all of our guests, every day. If you find yourself back in Columbus, Ohio in the future, we hope to have you visit our property again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We were on a little mini vacation and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Check in was a little slow as there were many people needing service of some kind and only one person working. Our room was very clean and provided a nice, comfortable place to stay. The pool was a little cool for my little ones, but it could have been because of the two electric power surges that happened earlier in the day, which was addressed right away by staff. We did not take advantage of the breakfast. There were plenty of places to shop and eat within a 5 mile radius of the hotel as well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed overnight for one night. Were traveling to see friends. The room was very clean and nice. We were upgraded to a nicer room with Marriott points. The breakfast in the morning was a normal buffet breakfast with scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, lots of cereal choices, muffins, yogurts, etc. Was nice to have though instead of eating out. I would stay again when in the area.

Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carly P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Hello Eyenurse2,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel. We strive to provide you with a room that is clean and fresh and I am happy to hear that your room reflected that. Upgrades are one way for us to say "thank you" for being a valued Marriott Rewards member and I am glad we were able to do that for you. We look forward to having you with us during your next visit to Columbus and I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with service that has made you want to return.

Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Hilton Columbus/Polaris
#11 of 143 in Columbus
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Hilton Garden Inn Columbus/Polaris

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris? Share your experiences!