“Best Hotel to stay at!!”

Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Westerville
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had the best stay at the Red Roof Inn in Westerville, Ohio this weekend. The young man at the front desk when we checked in was super - he went above and beyond in answering our questions. They have a drive-thru check in so we didn't have to get out of our car. The room we had faced the road, but we had bushes and nice landscaping in front of our door and we felt like we were in a park. We didn't notice the traffic noise at all. The room was super clean and I have never been in a hotel with such great pillows. I know that sounds dumb, but most hotels have mushy pillows and I need to use 2 or 3. These pillows were nice and firm, so I even took the pillow case off to check the brand so I could buy some for home. Everyone we came in contact with that worked there was friendly. The person who wrote that they have bedbugs is nuts, they did NOT have bedbugs, this was the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. I wish you could count on all hotels being this clean with such friendly staff. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, I would go back in a minute! And it's close to lots of restaurants and shopping too! And you can't beat the price either! Thank you Red Roof for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2catsonemerald
Chris M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell of your experience here at the Red Roof Inn in Westerville, OH. Our goal here is to provide all of our guests with a great guest experience. I will certainly let my staff know your comments and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

The person at the front when we checked in (Barbara) was very helpful. The room I was sent to smelled like smoke (although designated a non-smoking room!) so she was very quick to give me another room since I am actually allergic. The rooms (a friend had a room as well) were clean and very well maintained and done early in the day. The General Manager, Michael Stephens, was always willing to go above & beyond and could not have been more helpful and pleasant. It seemed he was always there and greeted us with a smile and an offer to help with anything we needed. I have stayed in other hotels in the Columbus area and this was the first time for this hotel but I will DEFINITELY make sure I come back to this location on my next trips to the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to your return visit with us. Please note, we will have new flat screen TV’s by April so I know you will enjoy this.

Mike

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hard to give any other rating but terrible to this Red Roof Inn after discovering bed bugs crawling in the bed. After jumping out of bed, flipping the mattresses over, found infestation there. Left in the middle of the night, and hope that I took enough precautions to prevent carrying bugs home.

Room Tip: Always, always follow tips for checking for bed bugs. I did a quick check, but apparently not a tho...
Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon w

Dear Sharon,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I am recently new to the Inn, but rest assured that I have investigated this incident and we have taken appropriate measures to correct this. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to your return stay with us.

Mike

Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family and I needed a non-smoking, pet-friendly hotel to stay at while looking for a new home in the area. We found this Red Roof purely by chance online, and it's a little hard to get to because of the road median and a fairly small sign, but I am so grateful that we found it. The entire staff are polite and helpful, the rooms are clean and well-maintained, and the grounds are awesome. My daughter has asthma and is very sensitive to smoke, and our room had no smell of smoke whatsoever. For the price, you get quite a bit -- microwave and mini-fridge in each room, a nice outdoor pool, picnic area, free high speed WiFi, lots of restaurants and shopping and gas nearby. I particularly can't say enough good things about Knut, the daytime desk manager. He has apparently been at the property for a while, because his knowledge of the hotel and the area is immense. He is efficient, multi-lingual, funny, and goes far out of his way to help guests with anything and everything. No matter how busy he seems to be, he appears to always handle whatever comes his way with a smile. The next time my family needs a room in the area, we will definitely stay there again. And if I ever open my own hotel, I'm hiring Mr. Knut to work for me!

Room Tip: Stay in a room near the pool . . . It's fairly quiet and away from the main road and the freeway...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank VRDavis
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Road Trip time again, We were looking for a "pet friendly" place about this far out and decided to try Red Roof.

We smoke so we prefered a smoking room.

First let me say, the property would be easy to miss if you weren't looking for it. Very small sign, wrong side of the road if coming from I-270, had to do a turn around to get to it, When you see Bob Evans, look to the opposite side.

But that's OK.

Check In was easy, Quick. Many eating establishments nearby, grocery store, and a gas station within 2-3 blocks.
We did Fazoli's take out, very good also

The room was clean, well stocked, fridge, Micro, coffee pot, Towels were clean and full. Room smelled like a smokers room, But that is what I asked for, understood.

Took a walk around, grounds clean, people in the pool having fun, also a cook out picnic area, looked nice from the second floor.

We checked out just before 6, asked the very nice young lady if they were open inside yet, she said about 10 minutes, But, here is what impressed me, I will go ahead and open up if you'd like, We asked if we could fill our thermos with coffee, she said "Sure you can, If it runs out, I'll make another batch,won't take but about 4 minutes."

It was a Saturday morning, so there was no one else up and about yet, so we weren't taking away from anyone.

Small courtesies like that leave lasting impressions, Check my next review, when I get to it.

I would visit here again if my travels bring me this way

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calvin L
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I would take previous reviews of this property with a grain of salt. This was our fourth Red Roof stay of our trip, and the worst one of all! First, let me say that the staff were very helpful and did as much as they could for us, but they are hampered by the poor facilities. Apparently, Red Roof only took over the property a couple of months ago, and it seems that the previous owners did not care about maintenance and upkeep.

The first room we had smelled very musty and there was visible mold in the bathroom, so we asked for another room. We were quickly reassigned to another room that smelled better, and the bathroom, at a quick glance, seemed suitable. However, later that evening, we found that the bathroom wall behind the door was awful looking, the bathtub was not clean enough and had a loose spigot, plus, the toilet was loose on the floor! The young lady on duty did her best to help with the loose toilet, but they do not have maintenance available during the evening. Needless to say, in line with Red Roof's guarantee, we asked for and received a refund for our stay when we checked out the next morning.

As an after note: all other Red Roofs are non-smoking, and there are notices posted in the rooms about this. There were no signs posted in the room for this facility, and upon our arrival at our destination the next day, I noticed a definite smoke smell on our clothes and other items. Due to health issues, this is a big concern for me.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TDFL64
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I called about 1 month ago and made a reservation at this hotel. I called back today to check on my reservation as a group of us are staying together. The man on the other end of the phone was being very unhelpful before finally agreeing to check on our reservation. He then stated that the reservation was no longer on the system. I asked him how this could happen and explained that I had spoke with a women who had taken my reservation about 3-4 weeks earlier. He was not sympathetic and continued to be short and rude. I asked him if I could remake the reservation (have to stay here, because we have 40 rooms set aside for a disc golf event) and he stated that he was too busy to make reservations. I asked if he was kidding and he stated that he was not. I told him that I felt he was very rude, he did not care and we ended the call. You would think that after losing our reservation, he would have been more than happy to help fix the problem, but he could not have cared less. I am a retail manager and deal with the public all day. I could not imagine having this individual working for me.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank A Z
Indus511, Owner at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for your comments, let me assure you this is not how we would like our hotel represented. Please contact me at your convenience, I have sent a private message with contact information.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Ramada Columbus Polaris
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Candlewood Suites Polaris
#64 of 144 in Columbus

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville? Share your experiences!