“Excellent budget hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Westerville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent budget hotel”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Was nervous about selecting this two-star hotel for a brief stay on my way to a conference, but this Red Roof is wonderful! Clean, quiet, fresh (non-smoking rooms actually *are*), well appointed. They offer many small amenities that I appreciate at more expensive hotels: nice toiletries (including small personal packets of Kleenex), good Cuisnart coffee in room (with microwave & mini-fridge), free wifi, HBO, a nice pool, breakfast. Very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our Inn. we appreciate your kind words and look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future visit to the area

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 7 June 2013

checked into my room and went to dinner then came back. Found out the fridge wasnt working right and I had lunch meat and frozen sandwiches in it. I went to clean and she was very nice and have me a key to another room. I moved my kids and started moving luggage to find that the fridge worked but the air conditioner didn't work properly and smelled funny. I then went to the clerk and said we had to talk. No questions asked Casey the clerk checked other rooms for me before having me move again. Everything was perfect and I was compensated by red roof for my inconvenience. I didn't even have to ask. Casey made the experience much more pleasant because of her nice personality and great customer service. Despite the slight issues (that could happen anywhere) I would stay there again if I'm in the area. Kudos to Casey and I hope your manager sees this and rewards you for your hard work.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank kat8tweety
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience. I will certainly pass your comments onto my staff. I was glad to hear that Casey was able to address your issues so you could enjoy your stay. Casey is definitely an asset to our staff and I appreciate everything she does. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had the best stay at the Red Roof Inn in Westerville, Ohio this weekend. The young man at the front desk when we checked in was super - he went above and beyond in answering our questions. They have a drive-thru check in so we didn't have to get out of our car. The room we had faced the road, but we had bushes and nice landscaping in front of our door and we felt like we were in a park. We didn't notice the traffic noise at all. The room was super clean and I have never been in a hotel with such great pillows. I know that sounds dumb, but most hotels have mushy pillows and I need to use 2 or 3. These pillows were nice and firm, so I even took the pillow case off to check the brand so I could buy some for home. Everyone we came in contact with that worked there was friendly. The person who wrote that they have bedbugs is nuts, they did NOT have bedbugs, this was the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. I wish you could count on all hotels being this clean with such friendly staff. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, I would go back in a minute! And it's close to lots of restaurants and shopping too! And you can't beat the price either! Thank you Red Roof for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2catsonemerald
Chris M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell of your experience here at the Red Roof Inn in Westerville, OH. Our goal here is to provide all of our guests with a great guest experience. I will certainly let my staff know your comments and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future visit.
Oregon, Ohio
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The person at the front when we checked in (Barbara) was very helpful. The room I was sent to smelled like smoke (although designated a non-smoking room!) so she was very quick to give me another room since I am actually allergic. The rooms (a friend had a room as well) were clean and very well maintained and done early in the day. The General Manager, Michael Stephens, was always willing to go above & beyond and could not have been more helpful and pleasant. It seemed he was always there and greeted us with a smile and an offer to help with anything we needed. I have stayed in other hotels in the Columbus area and this was the first time for this hotel but I will DEFINITELY make sure I come back to this location on my next trips to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to your return visit with us. Please note, we will have new flat screen TV’s by April so I know you will enjoy this.

Mike
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hard to give any other rating but terrible to this Red Roof Inn after discovering bed bugs crawling in the bed. After jumping out of bed, flipping the mattresses over, found infestation there. Left in the middle of the night, and hope that I took enough precautions to prevent carrying bugs home.

Room Tip: Always, always follow tips for checking for bed bugs. I did a quick check, but apparently not a tho...
Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sharon w
Dear Sharon,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. I am recently new to the Inn, but rest assured that I have investigated this incident and we have taken appropriate measures to correct this. Thank you for your comments and I look forward to your return stay with us.

Mike

Travellers are raving about these Westerville hotels

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family and I needed a non-smoking, pet-friendly hotel to stay at while looking for a new home in the area. We found this Red Roof purely by chance online, and it's a little hard to get to because of the road median and a fairly small sign, but I am so grateful that we found it. The entire staff are polite and helpful, the rooms are clean and well-maintained, and the grounds are awesome. My daughter has asthma and is very sensitive to smoke, and our room had no smell of smoke whatsoever. For the price, you get quite a bit -- microwave and mini-fridge in each room, a nice outdoor pool, picnic area, free high speed WiFi, lots of restaurants and shopping and gas nearby. I particularly can't say enough good things about Knut, the daytime desk manager. He has apparently been at the property for a while, because his knowledge of the hotel and the area is immense. He is efficient, multi-lingual, funny, and goes far out of his way to help guests with anything and everything. No matter how busy he seems to be, he appears to always handle whatever comes his way with a smile. The next time my family needs a room in the area, we will definitely stay there again. And if I ever open my own hotel, I'm hiring Mr. Knut to work for me!

Room Tip: Stay in a room near the pool . . . It's fairly quiet and away from the main road and the freeway...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank VRDavis
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Road Trip time again, We were looking for a "pet friendly" place about this far out and decided to try Red Roof.

We smoke so we prefered a smoking room.

First let me say, the property would be easy to miss if you weren't looking for it. Very small sign, wrong side of the road if coming from I-270, had to do a turn around to get to it, When you see Bob Evans, look to the opposite side.

But that's OK.

Check In was easy, Quick. Many eating establishments nearby, grocery store, and a gas station within 2-3 blocks.
We did Fazoli's take out, very good also

The room was clean, well stocked, fridge, Micro, coffee pot, Towels were clean and full. Room smelled like a smokers room, But that is what I asked for, understood.

Took a walk around, grounds clean, people in the pool having fun, also a cook out picnic area, looked nice from the second floor.

We checked out just before 6, asked the very nice young lady if they were open inside yet, she said about 10 minutes, But, here is what impressed me, I will go ahead and open up if you'd like, We asked if we could fill our thermos with coffee, she said "Sure you can, If it runs out, I'll make another batch,won't take but about 4 minutes."

It was a Saturday morning, so there was no one else up and about yet, so we weren't taking away from anyone.

Small courtesies like that leave lasting impressions, Check my next review, when I get to it.

I would visit here again if my travels bring me this way

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Calvin L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Ramada Columbus Polaris
Comfort Inn North Polaris
Comfort Inn North Polaris
#37 of 143 in Columbus
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville? Share your experiences!