“Weekend getaway”

Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Westerville
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This inn, like many Ref Roof Inns, is right off the Interstate but a bit dfficult to get to. And the roof was not red, making it possible to miss the entrance. However, once we got in, it was a rewarding exsperience. A clean comfortable room with a refrigerator and microwave. The TV was a 32 inch flat screen. They advertised HBO but there was no sound on that channel. The continental breakfast was adequate. Small danish, muffins, fruit, cold cereal and coffee. The room had a nice easy chair but could use a reading lamp.
There was only one ice machine, in the vending room, but it seemed to have an endless supply.. The staff were pleasant and helpful, directing us to te nearest grocery store and shopping center.
Unlike most Red Roof Inns, this one had no complimentary newspapers nor a vending machine for papers. There is no restaurant ajacent to the motel but several within a mile or so.
The only downside was the sink with a slow drain.

Room Tip: Gound floor is best since you can park right at your door. Second floor requires walking up the stai...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here about 4 days the hotel is very clean safe. I was impressed. There is a pool and they have laundry , smoking rooms.The hotel is very clean and I really enjoyed my stay there. They have a small outdoor park for eating with tables and grills.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. It is a pleasure to have you stay with us. I will certainly pass your review on to my staff as they really enjoy the compliments. If your travel needs ever bring you to Westerville again, we would be glad to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed on July of 2013 .We got it through Expedia and requested non smoking and they gave us a room full of smoke.When we told them our displeasure they offered us another room-the problem with this room is it smells nasty and a person was smoking right next door blowing to our room direction(I had a child with asthma).Please there is a single chair in each room and all the chairs have what it looks blood stains.
Manager please do not rush to respond for my complaint rather rush to fix the problem.You have to be client oriented.Your breakfast is simply handful of cereal and coffee.Remember people have choices.

Room Tip: Please look somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel M

Thank you with your honest review of our hotel. It's reviews such as yours that help us pinpoint issues so that we can find a solution for them. We certainly will take your comments and find those solutions. If you are ever in the area, I would invite you to give us another chance to exceed your expectations

Reviewed 7 July 2013

First of all, since we checked in after 11PM, we were not able to go into the lobby to check in, but instead had to go through a drive-thru window. This was very annoying. Upon getting into our room, we discovered that the room was not cleaned. There was feathers in one of the double beds (a decoration like a native american would wear) and the sheets were spotted. There was also an open packet of hotel shampoo sitting on the floor of the bathtub.

The morning desk clerk was very nice, and gave us a considerable discount on the room. Breakfast was ok. Microwave, fridge, and internet all worked and served their purpose. Despite all this, I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with other guests. I see that it has been a while since you stayed here. We have made some great improvements to the rooms including 39 inch flat screen televisions. If you ever in the area again I invite you to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Was nervous about selecting this two-star hotel for a brief stay on my way to a conference, but this Red Roof is wonderful! Clean, quiet, fresh (non-smoking rooms actually *are*), well appointed. They offer many small amenities that I appreciate at more expensive hotels: nice toiletries (including small personal packets of Kleenex), good Cuisnart coffee in room (with microwave & mini-fridge), free wifi, HBO, a nice pool, breakfast. Very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our Inn. we appreciate your kind words and look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future visit to the area

Reviewed 7 June 2013

checked into my room and went to dinner then came back. Found out the fridge wasnt working right and I had lunch meat and frozen sandwiches in it. I went to clean and she was very nice and have me a key to another room. I moved my kids and started moving luggage to find that the fridge worked but the air conditioner didn't work properly and smelled funny. I then went to the clerk and said we had to talk. No questions asked Casey the clerk checked other rooms for me before having me move again. Everything was perfect and I was compensated by red roof for my inconvenience. I didn't even have to ask. Casey made the experience much more pleasant because of her nice personality and great customer service. Despite the slight issues (that could happen anywhere) I would stay there again if I'm in the area. Kudos to Casey and I hope your manager sees this and rewards you for your hard work.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank kat8tweety
Chris M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience. I will certainly pass your comments onto my staff. I was glad to hear that Casey was able to address your issues so you could enjoy your stay. Casey is definitely an asset to our staff and I appreciate everything she does. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had the best stay at the Red Roof Inn in Westerville, Ohio this weekend. The young man at the front desk when we checked in was super - he went above and beyond in answering our questions. They have a drive-thru check in so we didn't have to get out of our car. The room we had faced the road, but we had bushes and nice landscaping in front of our door and we felt like we were in a park. We didn't notice the traffic noise at all. The room was super clean and I have never been in a hotel with such great pillows. I know that sounds dumb, but most hotels have mushy pillows and I need to use 2 or 3. These pillows were nice and firm, so I even took the pillow case off to check the brand so I could buy some for home. Everyone we came in contact with that worked there was friendly. The person who wrote that they have bedbugs is nuts, they did NOT have bedbugs, this was the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. I wish you could count on all hotels being this clean with such friendly staff. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, I would go back in a minute! And it's close to lots of restaurants and shopping too! And you can't beat the price either! Thank you Red Roof for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2catsonemerald
Chris M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell of your experience here at the Red Roof Inn in Westerville, OH. Our goal here is to provide all of our guests with a great guest experience. I will certainly let my staff know your comments and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on a future visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerville
Ramada Columbus Polaris
Extend a Suites Columbus Ohio
Extend a Suites Columbus Ohio
#102 of 145 in Columbus
Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington

Been to Red Roof Inn Columbus Northeast-Westerville? Share your experiences!