“Great family-owned Italian restaurantand pizza shop”

Pasquale's Pasta House
Ranked #33 of 155 Restaurants in Westerville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Westerville, Ohio
“Great family-owned Italian restaurantand pizza shop”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I've been coming to Pasquale's since moving to Westerville over 18 years ago. In fact, this is the 1st restaurant I tired when I moved here based on the recommendation of a Westerville police officer. The restaurant is family owned and the family still works in the restaurant every day. When I first started coming here, Pasquale's was tucked back in an alley off of State St and was a little hard to find. Despite being hard to find - it was always busy. A few years ago, they were able to expand into a storefront that gives them visibility on State Street.

The restaurant is definitely NOT fancy and has the ambiance of an old Italian restaurant. The food has a homemade quality to it and the portions are huge. I'm a big eater and I can't finish a portion of the lasagna - I always need a "to go" box. Most meals come with a salad and garlic twisty bread with a dipping sauce. Over the years, I tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. All of the pasta dishes are great and they also have some excellent sandwiches like their Italian sub sandwich. The chicken and veal Parmesan entrees are exceptionally good.

The house salads are very good - especially with the house Italian dressing. Salads are made with fresh cut romaine, black olive slices, Pepperonis, banana pepper rings, and a bit of shredded cheese - a nice size portion. The salad and the house dressing are very good. They also have packets of other dressings (blue cheese, ranch, lite Italian, etc.) but the house dressing is the best.

Overall, the service is generally good but sometimes can be a little hit or miss. Not surprising since a lot of the wait staff are local college students.

• Visited May 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“Not again”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My family tries to get a different pizza each time we have pizza night and we get it from take out. The first time we tried Pasquales it was all of our favorites. About 6 months later we had it again and all thought it was bland and not very fresh. We haven't had it since.

The other night we were walking around Uptown and decided to head in for a sit-down meal with Pasquales, since we'd never eaten inside before. Because it's an older place with great history, we were expecting great flavors and service as well. Wrong... we got a seat right away and ordered apps right away, but they didn't come for 20 minutes.. in fact, the bread that came with our pasta dishes came before it and we ordred the pasta 10 minutes after the apps.

Seating - our booth was sooooo small, falling apart, and sunken in.
The twisty bread - tasted stale and/or reheated
The dinner salad - decent
The house dressing - great
The lasagna - way too much cheese - covered up the lasagna. And, the lasagna itself tasted like it was reheated
The pizza bread - soggy
The spaghetti - nothing fancy - very bland
Prices - overpriced for mediocre food

Service - a beautiful waitress with an abrasive, unfriendly personality.

Unfortunately unless there is a management overhaul or something changes in this establishment, I wouldn't go back or recommend it again. It's almost like they don't care.

Columbus, OH
“Hometown Comfort Italian”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It's a real family restaurant in every sense of the word. Owned and operated by a family and very welcoming to families. Good food at a good price... friendly service... nice people.

Westerville, Ohio
“Great Pizza's-Everything else OK”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The Pozza's are loaded with toppings.
We got one large veggie and one large Pepp, sausage, and mushroom.
The salad was good w cheese, pepp, and peppers.
The other spaghetti and other Italian items are so-so
Go for the pizza
Not cheap but loaded with toppings.
It is the best offering

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Yummy Pizza”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My teenage son and I ate here on our visit to Otterbein University. My son loved the garlic bread and we both loved the pizza. We each ordered our own 10 inch pizza with the toppings we wanted. I was even able to order a pizza with gluten free crust. That was great!! Would definitely go back again if in the area.

Visited April 2014