“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Willoughby, Ohio
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I have always been a fan of Courtyard hotels but rarely get to stay at them because of the price. Since I had $100 in gift certificates for Marriott I only ended up paying 30 dollars...which was an amazing deal. The hotel is really nice. When you walk in the lobby is fancy and big. Also, there is an area on the side where you can use the computer if you didn't bring your own.
The front desk staff were extremely polite. They offer you rooms with balconies for no extra charge.. which was really nice because the weather was great when we went. When we got to our room we were happy with what we received. The room was spacious, a little bit bigger than normal (cheaper) hotels. The bathroom, bedding, and everything else was very clean.
Pretty much the only thing that went wrong was that when we got to our room they forgot to give us a remote for our tv. I just called the front desk and they had one delivered. No big deal at all. For anyone looking for something to do for entertainment...there is a Dave and Busters about 2 minutes away. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good nite stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!! It is no extra charge!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York in Route to Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Got a room on Priceline for $55 for one night and they when I saw what hotel we "won" I did the usual and checked out trip advisor. After reading some of the recent reviews I was worried about what hotel we ended up with. Well after we got there, had a wonderful gal check us in and got our exact needs taken care of (asked to be put in a quiet area) by putting us on the top floor the furthest away from any other guests, ice machine and elevator. We needed to get a good sleep in for our next day at Cedar Point. After the checkin went flawless then it was the worried two minute trip up to out room and what were we in for. Well we were in for a very clean room! Honestly this is exactly what I would expect for a 3 star hotel! It couldn't have been better!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
columbus
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Everything was alright until our group of 5 adults was kicked out of the pool like we were children. Fornt Desk Associate quit literally banged on the surrounding glass wall (indoor pool) and made the universal thumb gesture of "get the h*ll out" before coming into the room and yelling at us to leave.
Oh, and they charged my card a total of $554.87 for a 2 night stay with a rate of $89.99...
The final price was $206.94.
They also charged me $89.00, $117.94, and $140.00. All seperately, and hopefully all being removed from my account soon.
So, unless you have at least 3X the amount of your Rate per night, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank crossbug
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I chose this Marriott because I've never had any bad experiences with Marriot's hotels, however I arrived at the Cleveland Westlake Marriott Courtyard, walked in to a musty/moldy smell that someone had tried to cover up. The entire hotel smelled like this. The hotel may be smoke free now, but I do not want to do any big inhaling. In my room the bathroom is only half lit, so you end up taking a shower int he dark. The only air vent in my room was covered with dust, dirt and mold. Absolutely horrible. The walls were very thin so you could hear everything the neighbor was doing and watching on television.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank taraweinmann
Armada, Michigan
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Stayed two nights. Even at $70 per night on Priceline, we didn't feel that this hotel was worth the money.

1. Definitely could use remodeling.
2. No free breakfast
3. Nauseating smells in our room
4. Overall 'old' feeling.

I'd recommend staying at La Quinta Inn and Suites a few miles to the south in North Olmsted. Cheaper rates, free breakfast and MUCH nicer hotel. Don't waste your money at this Westlake hotel.

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gonzalesHemet_Ca
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We chose this hotel because of its convenient access to I-90. I've stayed at dozens of Courtyards for business and pleasure and have to say that this one ranks on the bottom half of my list.

When we arrived late Saturday evening there was a foul moldy-wet smell in the lobby that no one at the front desk seemed to really care about. The smell had been removed in the morning, however, so perhaps it was just a temporary problem.

Rooms were small and very basic. They were clean, but didn't have that "fresh" and deeply cleaned feeling.

Overall, this property just needed some life pumped into it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Greenville, NC
Reviewed 11 May 2010

I just completed a 5 night stay here while visiting family. The hotel is very clean and the staff were all great. My favorite thing was the bed. The mattress was very comfortable and I slept great each night. The room was almost directly across from the elevator, but it was still very quiet. The cleaning staff were good, and I had no problems with anything. I'm chemically sensitive and also have a problem with mold. No problems here. No funky smells.

My least favorite thing was the TV, a flat screen would be nicer. The computer chair was pretty uncomfortable, but there was a small couch which was fine, albeit a bit hard. The refrigerator worked fine. The bathroom was very clean.

The heating and cooling worked fine. I'd love this place even more if they refurbished the rooms. Otherwise, it's just fine. I always stay here when I visit my family. Have tried the Westlake Hampton Inn, but it had a funky musty smell and was in much worse condition.

I don't eat the food, but other people seemed to like it. The pool looks nice, never used it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo