“Ok if you're traveling for business”

Courtyard Cleveland Westlake
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Ok if you're traveling for business”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed a week at this hotel for training. I was picked up by a van hired by the business that was training us but I dont think the hotel offers pick-up from the airport. The lobby is nice when you walk-in, they have a small store where they sell snacks and other personal items. They have a microwave available there. The hotel restaurant is small but they do offer breakfast, lunch and dinner - the menu isn't that big. Right outside the hotel doors are two Italian restaurants - Carrabbas and something else. Within easy, walking distance to the left is a bar/grill and also an Outback Steakhouse. I was informed by another person who was in the same training program as I that there was a gas station that you could walk to but I didnt look for it. The toughest thing is being at the hotel when you dont have a car. You are stuck unless you take a taxi and I dont think the hotel offers a shuttle to take you anywhere, I didnt ask because I was there to study. The rooms are comfortable, if you want a nice quiet room ask for it when you are making your reservation. You can also ask for a fridge. Internet access isnt too bad but beware if you want to stream movies, there will be a lag. Front desk people are nice, I forgot to bring a razor and they gave me one for free. If you need late check-out the latest they can do it for is 2pm otherwise you will be charged an extra night. Pay attention and see if breakfast was included in your room rate - mine was but no one told me when I checked-in. The hotel has a small pool, 5 feet at its deepest point along with a hot tub. They offer an area where you can print your airline boarding pass for free. The hotel is also located right next to the interstate and I was surprised to discover that trains go by the hotel also. The noise from either of these never bothered me at night and I sleep pretty light when I travel. My biggest complaint was the sound of the A/C which to me was pretty loud each time it would kick on. Other than that, everything was just average - the hotel didnt feel old or anything but the bathroom could use something - new lights maybe or better wallpaper or paint. They do have a coffeemaker, hair dryer, ironing board and iron, also you get a free USA Today newspaper each morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from everyone with a fridge, they will typically accomodate these types of...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank xwarrior26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wynnewood, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed here for five long nights to attend training. At midnight, on my first night, I pulled down my bed cover and discovered that someone really hairy slept in my bed....obviously, housekeeping never cleaned my room before I checked in, because in addition to the hairy sheets, there was food in my fridge. I switched rooms. There definitely is something wrong with the house keeping management. The room overall needed to be really cleaned. On my last day, I noticed that the complimentary bottle of water left for me was half drunk! Nice, so dirty sheets, room, and someone drinks my free water. Stay away from this hotel!

Room Tip: Stay away, unless you bring your own sheets and towels.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

Hotel has remodeled lobby and lounge but the rooms could have used some help. Not horrible but not the worst either. Modern technologies are here like LCD TV and Free Internet but the rooms simply looked worn and in need of cosmetic refreshing.

Food in the lounge was good, fresh fruit, fresh ingredients and no mystery foods.

Overall was happy, but for the rate of $140 per night the rooms should be improved.

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

Hotel was undergoing lobby renovation when we stayed. Noise insulation was good. Beds were small and towels thin. We will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank AlaExpat
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Stayed here one night for a business trip. Standard Marriott Courtyard. The service was prompt and friendly, the room could have been cleaner, could use a refresh.

A couple of decent restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Located about 30 minutes form the Cleveland airport.

About what you would expect from a Courtyard.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Aomori, Japan
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed two nights in Dec 2011. The hotel was clean, comfortable, friendly, hospitable, and convenient to the mild funkiness of Cleveland's Ohio City neighborhood (and other points of interest on the city's west side). I paid $60/night (+ tax) via Priceline, and I would do so again in the future. The Internet service was fine.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two days, while in town on business. The room was nice, the TV was nice and the bed was comfortable. No concerns there. If you are just there to lay your head down, it is fine.

However, if you also need to do work, do not stay here. The in-room internet (wired) is horrible. I averaged a speed of 0.08 mbps at night and .024 in the morning. I called support and they checked things out and said I was getting the best that I would get at the hotel. So it seems their total capacity is just really low and split between too many people or throttled. I stayed with five other people and everyone experienced the same issue.

I will never stay here again on business unless I am not going to be spending much time in the room.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business