“Best Pad Thai, Period!”

Arashi Japan Sushi and Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 109 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cleveland's freshest sushi and best hibachi chefs! Our chefs create amazing sushi combinations, while our hibachi chefs are known around Cleveland for their entertainment and skill! Conveniently located right off I90, across from the Crocker Park shopping center. We offer a great, relaxed atmosphere for families and special occasions. Private party rooms, both for hibachi and regular dining, are available upon request for large reservations. Celebrate your birthday with us and receive a complimentary birthday dessert and song with party lights! Come for happy hour from 4:30-6:00 Monday-Friday and 11:00-4:00 Saturday for drink, appetizer, and sushi specials! Lunch hour and specials run from 11:00-3:00.
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We always have great food and an overall satisying experience here. I absolutely love their pad thai!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My 22-year old son and I dined the other evening at Arashi Japan and had a very good dinner. We started with a sushi appetizer of spicy tuna that was tasty. I had the filet and scallops; and my son had the filet and chicken. The scallops were excellent -- meaty and cooked just right. The chef was very professional and cooked fast and efficiently. The only complaint I had is that the restaurant played Top 40 type music very loudly. I would have preferred quieter music or at least turning the volume down on the Top 40 track. We have eaten at several other Hibachi Japanese restaurants in the area, including Fujiyama in Avon/ I would rate Arashi higher.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Took the family to Arashi for my son's birthday. Great for the kids, lots of fun. Chef made it fun for everyone. Not inexpensive but worthwhile for a fun family experience.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We recently had dinner with another couple at Arashi Japan. We chose to eat in the dining room rather than have a chef prepare our food on a hibachi in front of us. The hibachi seating is in a separate room from the dining room. The host had us choose when we entered the restaurant. Would recommend looking at the menu online to determine which you prefer before your first visit.

Our waitress was very attentive and informative since we had questions about what to order. The food was well-prepared and well-presented. We each chose a different entree...from a maki roll to pad thai to a combination "box" with a variety of items. We were all pleased with our choices and with our service. We enjoyed the difference Japanese cuisine offered as compared to Chinese which is the cuisine at the majority of Asian restaurants in our area.

I did not give this restaurant 5 stars because there was a very cold draft coming down the wall next to our booth. Yes, it was Cleveland in January, but even so we were uncomfortably cold. Also, one of our party ordered a dry vodka martini and was dissatisfied with the taste, even though the waitress checked with the bartender and confirmed that it was made with Stoli vodka. No offer of replacing the cocktail with another was made, which would have been a nice gesture. Still think Arashi Japan is worth another try...just in warmer weather!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Always a good time and surprisingly good food. The sushi is usually quite fresh and well served. The hibachi is fun and the chefs are entertaining. Our kids love it too. Definately recommend if you are up for some fun and social dining.