“good for traveling through”

Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Iowa City, Iowa
“good for traveling through”
Reviewed 26 July 2011

i was a bit hesitant about this place given prior bad reviews, but we were traveling with a dog and did not have many choices for a Saturday night. The hotel is right off Interstate 90, very easy to get to with lots of restaurant choices nearby. When we got to our room, I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable, the AC worked great, and the room was clean. Its a budget motel, so there was no refrigerator or fancy toiletries, but the TV worked, room was spacious, and pool and ice machine were nearby. Breakfast was what you would expect for a free meal (I've had better) but it was no different from many other places in this price range. I have no qualms recommending this place to others looking for a low priced comfortable room in the west Cleveland area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Adams, New York
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Our family was traveling from Chicago to Central New York and we decided to split the trip in half, spending a night in the Cleveland area en route. Our experience at the Westlake Super 8 was VERY positive -- convenient location just off I-90, friendly and accommodating check-in, a clean, comfortable, QUIET room, the very nice outdoor pool that was open until 11 pm, a variety of nearby restaurants, and a basic yet delicious Continental breakfast to send us on our way in the morning. Thank you! And to top it all off, the rates were VERY reasonable, especially using the discount coupon we found in one of those booklets you get at service areas on the interstate.

Room Tip: Ground-floor rooms are probably quieter, and certainly more accessible, than 2nd-floor rooms.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gordonalanpeterson
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I travel Oh, Pa, WV, Md for my company and use super 8 most of the time. I have been staying at the super 8 in West Lake and will have guys staying there for the next few months. The only problem I have had the last few stays no internet. If they don't get it resolved I will look for someplace else for the next few months. Because my travels have to do with business I need to be in contact and touch with the company daliey have to have internet. Other than that everything is neat and tiddy. Look forward to stay with you in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Dirty room, chewing gum stuck to side of headboard and worst of all... Bugs in bedding!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Haybethy
Woodstock
Reviewed 14 June 2011

For $82.00 a night our room was disgusting! WAY over priced! Pictures on it's web site are very deceiving. They must have taken the pictures right after they built the place. Carpet had stains, bed spread's had several cigarette burns, bathroom was dirty and tub was filthy, lighting is horrible. Unknown stains running down the front of the entrance door, drapes barely hanging on the wall of one corner. The beds were very uncomfortable. I wore socks the entire night not wanting my bare feet to touch the floors. Now I know why all the other hotels in the area had no vacancy and we were forced to stay there.
I thought this would be an ok place to stay since I have trusted trip advisor reviews, however I don't know why these people have listed this place so well other then when we received our room key we were given a paper to enter a contest for a chance to 'win an IPAD ' just for writing a review. I feel sorry for anyone that has given this place a 4-5 star rate just for the chance to win an IPAD. I would never recommend this hotel chain to anyone. I told family that lived in the area to not recommend this hotel. It was AWFUL!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandi H
chicago, il
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The motel has a nice appearance from the road, except for the drive in check in. But when we got to our rooms and looked around, we were sick. Everything was stained...from the chairs to the bedspreads...even the blankets. The sheets were the only thing that were clean. The bathroom had a moldy smell and the walls around the tub had been damaged by water and not repaired. The "free" breakfast the next morning was awful and the breakfast room was depressing. All this for $82.53 a night...never again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cnett25
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We have stayed here many times and are usually satisfied, but there were some issues this time. We had a large gap under our door which made it difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature. Also, nearly everything in the continental breakfast was stale, and the supplies were rarely checked on.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family