“Excellent yellow curry!”
Review of Thai Spice

Thai Spice
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Description: 91 rating on Urban Spoon.
Description: 91 rating on Urban Spoon.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent yellow curry!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I visited this evening. I got their yellow curry, he their pho. Both were excellent! We also got summer rolls that came with delicious peanut sauce. Friendly staff and a quiet setting to have a nice dinner. We will be back! As a bonus, I really appreciate restaurants that ask where you would like to sit rather than sit everyone together in one corner. Thoughtful approach to customer service that is really appreciated.

Westlake, Ohio
“Thai-rific! No, but really. It's tasty.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Thai is one of my favorite types of food cuisine. For my last visit I tried the Fried Wontons (crab and cream cheese stuffed) dipped in sweet chili sauce. It was fantastic. Boyfriend isn't such an adventurous eater (although he loves this restaurant as well)--so I was able to have the appetizer to myself--which I was thrilled about. Our go-to main course is Massaman Curry, which is perfect--the right amount of veggies and meat. BF subs out the sweet potatoes for regular potatoes. I also recently tried their bubble (tapioca balls) smoothies which were fun and refreshing.

I can't wait to try their desserts--sticky rice and mango is my favorite desserts (I just never have enough room in my belly!)

Their service is good too--one of the server's (perhaps the owner?) always remembers my boyfriend's face and what he typically orders.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Natalie M
Vermilion, Ohio
“Slightly Above Average”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Visited this place for a special occasion, re: Birthday. I could tell there was a tad bit of disappointment with the "atmosphere" or "ambiance" or lack there of. The food was good however and there wasn't much issue there. Their "medium" heat interpretation is "Freakin Hot" by regular folks of western culture by the way, so be warned. I heard good things about the "Garlic Duck" and portions looked ample. Presentation was good. Now on to the service. Somewhat inconsistent, it was okay and I've certainly had worse. You have to stay on them to get them to be timely. A young girl at the front desk seemed to be having trouble juggling carry out orders and folks checking out to pay. One visit from Restaurant Impossible to get rid of the nasty looking carpet and this place could be outstanding. Small "strip mall" mentality though.

Visited January 2014
“LOVE.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We love this restaurant and are lucky enough to be within a few blocks so we have many dining experiences to draw from. We have ordered takeout and also have sat down in the restaurant, and have never had a bad meal. The food is outstanding - when I moved from the east side, I was worried that I would not find another beloved Thai restaurant, but Thai Spice surpasses my expectations. The food tastes fresh, and the service is fast. I recommend the Masaman Curry - we always have an order of that when we visit. They were also really accomodating when we visited with my 8 year old niece and toddler daughter, making recommendations for both of them and making a special non-spicy curry. If I had a complaint, it would be that the front of house is not consistently friendly. I have never encountered rude staff, but I do appreciate when the staff is friendly.

• Visited November 2013
Bay Village, Ohio
“Good food, weak service”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I've been twice recently. Food was good both time. I had Thai food once and Vietnamese the other time. They seem to do more take-out business than eat-in. During a dinner service, the place was nearly empty, but when another customer came in she was seated right next to us and spoke loudly on her cell phone through the entire dinner. Service was slow. The next time the service was even worse--inattentive, slow to even bring water. I waited a very long time to get the check because I could not get the server's attention. Then she was slow to get back and take my payment.

Visited December 2013