“Good food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
SB eighty one
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Destined to be The PREMIER Hot Spot on Cleveland’s Westside! Who said supper clubs went out in the 30’s? We’re bringing back the carefree elegance of the 1920’s The flappers - Now they knew how to party in style and so do we!
HURON, OHIO
“Good food”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The food was exceptional, but the ambience has a lot to be desired. The interior looks like it was haphazardly thrown together. Prices were a little on the high side and that is perhaps why I expected a more elaborate décor.

• Visited September 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Excellent and we didn't have a problem with service.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We purchased a Groupon for the 3-course meal for $35. Our server was Kadri and he did an very good job throughout the entire meal. My wife had the chop salad and beef short ribs. I had the arugula salad and duck. We both enjoyed our meals very much. The band, Sights-n-Sounds, started playing at 9pm and we really enjoyed their music (mostly Motown). Their female vocalist was excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Chef needs a new business partner.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food was great, that's where it ends. The service was pretty bad, the dining area was lacking. The floor was vibrating from some industrial equipment on the other side, the music was just off. I felt like I was eating a steak a a McDonald's. If they fixed service and atmosphere I would pay full price otherwise they need to lower
the cost 40%.

• Visited August 2013
Rocky River, Ohio
“Good food, service less than desireable”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Myself and my date arrived a few minutes early for our 6:15 reservation. I had purchased a Groupon, the day before. It was a 3 couse meal for $35. Our waiter, never introduced himself, came to us soon got our drink order and gave us water. We received our drinks soon. Pretty soon, about 5 minutes we gave our salad and entree order. The appetizer, Arancini (9) was tasty but nothing special. Our salads, Arugual (7) and Chopped (6) were very tasty and fresh. Our entrees Seared Duck (24) and Fennel Crusted Pork (20) both ordered medium and were done properly and very good.
We were served our entree around 6:55. Our waiter checked on us within a couple of minutes after being served. We did not hear from him again until we tracked him down at 7:50 to ask for our check. When we were presented our check(s) the waiter was sure to point out our $78 (approx) that he said we should tip from and the $13.70 check that we actually owed for our drinks. After bartending 30 years, I would have never guessed that.
This waiter never offered after dinner drinks or dessert. After seeing the other wait staff, he never offered cracked pepper for our salads. It seems that he may have had issues with us being "Groupon Customers". That is just my impression.
I had to get up and ask the hostess to take my check to pay for it. The owner, Paul Schell(?), asked me how my dinner was. I let him know. He was apologetic and gave me a $25 gc. That was very nice, I did not push for it.
Sitting out on the patio was very nice and we sat in a nice shaded area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ynot13
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I am a retired Concierge from Columbus, Ohio. This was our second visit to SB81 after having dinner here a year ago on our last visit to Cleveland. Our server's name was Terry and he did an excellent job throughout the entire meal. He was attentive without being intrusive. On this visit we started out with an appetizer of Calamari which was perfectly prepared and served with a marinara sauce. Next I ordered the Bittaker salad and my wife ordered the Roasted Beet salad. I had ordered the Bittaker salad on my previous visit and it was as delicious as I had remembered. For our entre I ordered the Beef Short Ribs which were so tender and full of flavor. My wife ordered the 3 Pepper Strip Steak to be prepared "Pittsburgh Style". It was perfectly blackened on the outside and rare, juicy and flavorful on the inside...and as she said "one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. As we prepared for our trip to Cleveland we checked if any coupons were available for this restaurant and luckily we found one on Travelzoo. The complete dinner was only $39.00 for the two of us...but well worth paying full price if a coupon is not available. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited June 2013