“Love the roast beef wrap and caprese salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of AJ's Urban Grill

AJ's Urban Grill
Ranked #19 of 105 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Westlake, Ohio
“Love the roast beef wrap and caprese salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

This place is near home, and we visit frequently, at least once a month. I've never had a bad meal or bad service, or even mediocre. The place does get busy and there can be a wait, especially during the dinner rush on weekends, but if you get there a little early or a little later, it's great! I've also been there with older children, and their children's meal are also a hit!

• Visited March 2014

Next to water
“The outside doesn't match the inside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The exterior is a strip mall with Meh signage and absolutely no curb appeal. I happened to see the menu pinned to the window when I was at the UPS store so I browsed and it looked good enough to get a salad or burger to go. I walk inside and the place is warm, charming, nicely done wood but not overdone....very cozy and great vibe. Plus the place was packed!

Who knew? Not me obviously but a bunch of other people who come here to eat! I was going to get a burger for lunch but noticed the special was Beef on Weck (with homemade weck.) I mean who the heck makes homemade weck anymore? I tried is sans cheese but added mushrooms and it was to die for. Yes, a sub sandwich was to die for. The weck had the perfect amount of caraway and salt...it was soft and flavorful. The meat was tender and melted in your mouth. The grilled mushrooms were fresh...not black or old or sitting in a bin for days. It was served with au jus that was perfectly meaty and not salty. Delightful!

I have since returned to order a burger, salad, cheese fries. All of the items have been prepared well (especially for take out items). They do have a horseradish aioli that is more of sour cream and horseradish dip (came with my cheese fries)....when I think aioli I think greasy mayo and this was very fresh and tasty. I used it for the sandwich I got as well. I would get this "aioli" on the side and not skip it. Reminds me of the horseradish version of the dip you get at Moosehead for the chips.

I like that you have a lot of choices of sides and I like that the food has been very fresh. The hostess was a little Eh in terms of service and hospitality but that's about my only minor critique.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank pinkcarnationcandy
Avon Lake
“Great food! Best Pizza around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Have been to AJ's Urban Grill several times and have enjoyed every experience.They have a great happy hour and everyday there is some special deal. The pizza is awesome! Best around. I have had their steak. It is by far the best steak I've had in years. The wine selections are excellent and the martinis superb! Service is excellent as well!

• Visited November 2013
North Olmsted
“It's all new at the AJ's Urban Grill.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This has become one of our favorite lunch destinations A former Pizza joint, it has been completely renovated and redecorated and now has a very pleasant vibe or atmosphere. Quite a step up from the former sandwich shop and Deli that was located just down the street. The soups are homemade and the portions very adequate. A great lunch or dinner stop.

Visited August 2013
Bay Village, Ohio
“Good food, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been to AJ's Urban Grill four times this year: once with my husband, once with 4 friends, and twice with one friend. On all occasions, we have found the food tasty and well-prepared, and the service excellent. AJ's is located in a strip mall. The decor is rustic and clean with the bar on one side and the dining room on the other. There is also a room at the back that would be appropriate for a private gathering or meeting. Food choices include starters, soups, salads, pizzas, sandwiches, and entrees. Portions are ample and special requests are honored willingly. Prices are reasonable. Nice to have a neighborhood place that's consistent and meets the appetites of couples, families and/or ladies-who-lunch.

• Visited November 2013