“Most Delicious Food Ever”

Ristorante Stella Mia
Ranked #14 of 109 Restaurants in Westlake
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I had a pleasure of dinning at Stella Mia and I still to this date rave about their delicious food. I ordered the Salmon salad as my starter ~ Large piece of Salmon fish on top of a green salad. The Salmon was well cooked, perfectly crispy on top, had enough salt and was well balanced overall. Worth to mention, they execute great plating presentation of food. The big plus in regards to their quality of products is that they ONLY utilize fresh products and organic. The restaurant is quite spacious but still intimate for a romantic dinner. The wait staff was professional, courteous, reliable and provided a great dinning experience to our dinner party. Overall, it was a great dinning experience accompanied with delicious and well prepared meal. We cannot wait to return!!!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

My wife saw an ad in the local newspaper about Stella Mia. The ad talked about their New Year's offer of a three course meal for $40. The ad also had a $5 off coupon.

We made reservations through Open Table. My wife then called a few days later and asked if she could skip the special three course meal and just order off the menu. They gladly complied.
BTW our acknowledgement from Open Table said it was a "3 curse meal". @#$%!

We arrived 15 minutes early for our 5:30 reservations on December 31. There was a 2 - 3 minute wait for someone to see and acknowledge us but they two ladies rushed to help. Then the hostess couldn't seem to find our reservation but smiled and seated us. There were only two other parties at this early time.

The waitress was very friendly but said she didn't think the kitchen would honor my wife's request to order off the men although the hostess had seated us with a normal menu and also the special New Years Eve menu. After checking she said they would be happy to take an order off the menu.

We ordered a bottle of Chianti and our meals and everything was fine. My steak was delicious and included cauliflower potatoes which weren't bad and my wife loved. I ate her pasta in a nice swap. My request for a red sauce for the pasta was handled perfectly. My wife had a veal dish and loved it also. Great food including my appetizer of mussels. The dessert was a chocolate raspberry cake. Only okay but maybe I was just too full to enjoy it. We finished with coffee.

My wife had left the little $5 off coupon on the table and when we inquired about it, found it had disappeared. The waitress said she must have removed it in error. When she brought the check she said they wouldn't give us the $5 off because it was New Years Eve. We started to inquire why have a $5 off coupon in your New Years Eve offer if you don't intend to honor it but decided to just ignore it.

A couple sitting near us also discovered that the wife could not order off the regular menu but then the waitress came back and said she could.

Our take was that the management of the restaurant must be handled by the owner's girlfriend or someone with little restaurant experience. Just too ragged in execution. The food was excellent. We will return on a more normal night to try some of the regular items.

The bill was $112 plus a $21 tip, includes a $40 special, a regular veal dish, a bottle of Chianti and two coffees.

Did I leave anything out? I want this place to succeed.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Restaurants in suburban shopping plazas seem to need something special to draw customers. Stella Mia MAY do that, but the jury is still out. Excellent food was the reason we tried this new restaurant in the first place, and that's exactly what we found the first time we dined there. The flavors were superb and the food was well above average - good enough to draw customers to the restaurant's location in southern Westlake, OH. On the the next visit, the food was less impressive, unfortunately, and left me wondering why the preparation was so average.

I'm not sure if there are busy nights at Stella Mia yet, but the times we where there the place was pretty much empty. I was a little suspect of a "plaza" restaurant when Stella Mia was first recommended to us, so I actually drove there and peered in the window to see if the decor was to my liking, and I was favorably impressed - enough that we decided to dine there the first time and eventually to go back one week ago).

The servers on our two visits were pleasant, informal, conversational, and very attentive. Hopefully as this restaurant becomes busier, there will be enough kitchen and wait staff to keep us this high level of attentiveness.

Stella Mia did not have its liquor license the first time we were there, so we were able to take our own wine without paying a corking fee. Once they secured the liquor license, price points were chosen that both family members and I thought were too high. Apparently, there was enough negative feedback that the owners adjusted/decreased prices. Now, prices for wine and liquor are what I would consider average for a restaurant of this caliber. That may not be enough, though, because in my opinion the chef/owner needs to attract new patrons with superb food and not try to make money on alcohol until the restaurant has a more regular following. I'd really like to see this place make it, and for the food to be good (and consistent!) like it was the first time we were there. In my humble opinion, offers such as offering half price bottles of wine on a certain night or something of this sort would draw us there to enjoy the food.

3  Thank DStepnick