“Average, average”
Review of Local Thyme

Local Thyme
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Whitehouse
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Description: Local Thyme Restaurant and Bar is a gastropub restaurant located in historic Whitehouse, Ohio. We serve a variety of food options featuring only the freshest ingredients, and we offer an extensive craft and draft beer selection, upscale wine list and handcrafted cocktails. We have daily specials, in house (Old School) smoked foods. Our smoked wings and Rubens are our house favorites. We look forward to your visit and serving you soon! Cheers~
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Nice atmosphere, kind but slooooow service. Food average. Prices average.

Nice to be able to dine outside.

Mediocre and average.

1  Thank Basi1Fawlty

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stopped for a Wednesday night dinner. Restaurant was busy. We arrived at 6:40, our order was placed at 6:50 and credit card was swiped at 8:22. The food was good. The mushroom appetizer was very good. The special , Big Thyme Taco was pita taco with rice and very good. The Rueben was excellent, fries cold. A late order of fries with another meal came hot from the fryer. The BBQ Pork Sandwich got high ratings and chickens chunks were deemed OK. The Margaritas were good. The atmosphere was casual, local entertainment was very good. Good restaurant if you have the time.

1  Thank Russell G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped in and we were pleasantly surprised. Very cute restaurant with a nice long bar and quaint, clean overall feeling. I had the pizza and it was very good. Every time the waitress walked by with food I had to ask what it was because it all looked great. Go on Wednesdays for the $2.00 margarita special....the peach are excellent! Darcy and staff are friendly and accommodating. Trying the burgers next time.

2  Thank K D
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The decor/cleanliness/bathrooms have improved immensely. Our waiter was great. Another good touch was that they had a basket with different toys for the girls to stay busy with. I am glad they had the basket of toys because it took awhile to get our food after we ordered. On the plus side the kids' meals were free for the wait. We ordered the chicken chunks, mac n cheese, and a turkey swiss bacon sandwich. My husbands loaded chicken chunks were excellent because they were fried in some sort of wet batter that was amazing. He said that they were the best he had ever had. The mac and cheese was okay and the fries were great (home made hand cut and seasoned). I did not like the turkey sandwich because it was greasy with no lettuce/tomato (it might have been my fault that I thought I was ordering something somewhat healthy/fresh). Next time I will not worry about being healthy and get the burger and onion rings! I had order envy when I saw someone a table over with some huge onion rings (with the same batter as the chicken) and a burger on a pretzel bun! Overall it was a good experience, the girls had fun, and we will be going back to try more items on the menu.

1  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had heard mixed reviews on this local restaurant so we waited to try it. So glad we did try it! It was great. We will be back! Chicken wings and onion rings were fabulous ! The drinks from the bar were good and we tried a few ! Service was good, our waitress told us the things to try and what wasn't so good! She definetly steered us in the right direction for dinner! Prices for dinner and drinks are good! Can't wait to try it again!

2  Thank Funtimes_Naples