“Maybe just for one night”

FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wickliffe
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel it's not clean, carpet really dirty and we found peanuts in our sofa and the sheets of the bed were in really bad conditions and with smoking holes. The staff was nice and move us from an smoking room to a non smoking, breaksfast it's included but do not expect to much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Nina P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to change rooms, as the rooms should always be clean and ready for our guests. We are in the process of renovating the hotel, which includes new carpets. linens and furniture for the guest rooms. I hope that you would visit us again and enjoy these improvements.

If you wish to discuss your review further with me, please contact me at any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com.

Nina

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We just visit this hotel this weekend. ...Well customer service was terrible, rooms had a odor, towels was dirty looking. A few of my family members had to change rooms due to the door wouldn't look. I was not please with this hotel at all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Benita S

Dear Benita,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry to hear you had such as bad experience. Since your stay we are improving Customer Service by implementing new standards, are replacing carpets as part of the renovation process and otherwise working to improve the overall hotel. I hope that you would visit us again and see what we have to offer.

Thank you again for sharing your review, as we find all reviews helpful. If you would like to further discuss this review, please feel free to contact me anytime at nina.parson@saphotels.com.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were guests at a graduation party and it was like the 90s came back to town. The décor was old, outdated and dusty. The air conditioning did not work in the party room so they gave us one nice big fan and then after an hour it was gone. The bar took it away from us. So unprofessional. My niece and I walked over to the lobby for some cool air and to watch tv and the furniture was much better but coated with dust. Wow. I would / will never recommend this place for parties or to stay at as a guest, until and unless they improve. Oh, how could I forget, there was a group of men smoking outside all night, which was fine, but they propped the doorway open so we too got their smokiness wafting into our non-smoking area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiki0412
Nina P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Dear Kiki0412

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Yes, at the time of your stay, the guest room decor was old and outdated. Since then we have been updating all the rooms to include new carpet, paint and furniture to stay current with today's trends. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner did not work in the party room for your event. It was unprofessional to have the fan taken away, and I apologize. The air conditioner has now been repaired to make the banquet rooms more comfortable for everyone.

The front lobby area has also been cleaned up and the furniture is now dusted daily. As for the guests smoking outside, it is unfortunate to learn that the smokiness was wafting into the lobby area. I will find alternative smoking areas to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you for your review. It is important to know what our guests feel about their stay. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact me any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com. I also hope that you will visit us again to see how much we have improved!

nina.parson@saphotels.com

Reviewed 8 July 2014

After a three day stay in this establishment I am more than ready to return. New ownership and management have breathed new life into this mature hotel. Renovations have brought the rooms up to high standards of cleanliness and quality while the staff do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable. Close enough to the 'big city' to make any Northern Ohio destination doable and far enough away from those same 'big cities' to make the price reasonable. This is just a win now!

Room Tip: Just ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rian D

Thank you so much for your review. We are always improving our services, and we work hard to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our updated rooms, and that the staff made your stay enjoyable.

FairBridge, as you mentioned, is close to Cleveland. Because we are just 15 miles east of the Downtown area, we can offer lower, more affordable rates. The nearby highways also make travelling through the city easy!

Thanks again for your review, and I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Nina
Director of Sales

Feel free to reach me at any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The outside of the hotel looks brand new. The lobby area when you walk in the front door is nice.So we were really blindsided when we walked in our suite which had terribly stained carpets, feces on the wall by the toilet, what smelled like pizza on a few of our bath towels. That was the worse hotel we have ever stayed at. I'm glad we are headed home today so I can get all of the nasty washed off of me. Thought before we left we would try to get closer to getting our money's worth by getting some breakfast. it was a little rinky dink breakfast bar with cereal and muffins. I was actually a little hesitant to eat the food regardless. so we went to McDonald's instead. don't let the outside of the building or lobby fool you. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jlb16736

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry you did not have a wonderful experience, as we at FairBridge aim to please our guests. In regards to your review, the carpets are being replaced as part of our renovation project for the premises. The towels and bathroom certainly did not match the hotel policy on cleanliness, and this issue has been addressed.

We offer a continental breakfast that does have the cereal muffins you mentioned, but we also offer waffles, yogurt, bagels, boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee and tea. I am sorry these items did not appeal to you. Perhaps you would stay with us again, and see what improvements have been made.

Thank you again for your review. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me at nina.parson@saphotels.com

Nina Parson,

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

As soon as I walked into the room I pulled back the fitted sheet to check for bed bugs. When I turned down the seam of the box springs, three bugs came running out. I know what bed bugs look like, and there was no mistaking what these were! The whole room had a musty, dirty smell and was not appealing at all, and there were a lot of shady people hanging around the parking lot. The man at the front desk was quick to refund my money when I told him I was not staying there, but I didn't really get the feeling that the problem was going to be fixed. As I was leaving the parking lot, I stopped a police officer to ask him where I could find a decent clean hotel, and he said "not on this side of town". Will definitely not be going anywhere near here agin!

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Jessica S
Nina P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

I am extremely sorry to hear about the issues you encountered upon checking in with us last week. I was notified right away about the issue and we shut that room down immediately as well as the rooms next to it. We did an inspection of the room but did not find anything however we still did follow a very detailed procedure to be safe. We have a policy to be preventative should we get a report of any bug issue in a room but I must say in my time here we've not had any issues. We followed the following procedure on that room…

1. Sealed the mattress in a large plastic bag specifically made to trap and kill any bugs on a mattress.
2. Removed all linen from that room and washed and dried alone on the highest possible temperature. This included all the rooms drapes and shower curtain.
3. Vacuumed the room with a special HEPA Filter Vacuum then Steam cleaned the carpet and room.
4. Called in a company to spray down the room with a product that would kill any bug in that room.
5. Deep cleaned all the furniture and scrubbed the walls down with a special cleaner.
6. Removed outlet and light switch covers making sure to make sure nothing was hiding behind them.
An just to be safe we followed the same procedures with the rooms next to it and steam cleaned that hallways carpet as well. We take all guest issues extremely serious and I wanted you to know we took your complaint very seriously and are extremely sorry we didn’t get the opportunity to have you as our guest or show you the exceptional stay we strive to show all our guests.

I also don’t know why that police officer would say that as our area specifically in Wickliffe is rated the best on the safety scale for the city and rated in the highest bracket for having a low crime rate and general safety on neighborhood scout a website that reviews public records and areas for safety ratings. I will however make sure to reach out to our local law director to discuss this with them and make sure I am not missing something.

I would have called you directly to discuss but unfortunately since you booked online your phone number was not included in your reservation. Many online sites do not share that type of information with us on the reservation. I again cannot apologize enough for the issues you encountered and should you have anything additional you’d like to talk about please feel free to call me at anytime.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel was a ramada but was bought out by another company. Although a little worn, the rooms are clean, very spacious and come with all amenities. The indoor pool, sauna, and whirlpool are fabulous! The staff were all very helpful and friendly and only a 15 min drive by route 90 to downtown:the art district, great restaurants, museums, and stadiums. Saw the Cleveland Indians play and afterwards at the stadium was the most amazing firework display we have ever seen.

Room Tip: The double was huge with enough room for a roll away if you need one
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Annldj
Nina P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for being our guest and for reviewing our hotel. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope you will continue to stay with us when in the Cleveland area. We are in the process of beginning a hotel renovation so hopefully on your next visit you'll be able to see all those great changes.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and please feel free to contact me with any additional feedback you may have.

Director of Outreach

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wickliffe
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East - Beachwood
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East? Share your experiences!