“Friendly staff - saved my life!”

FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wickliffe
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff here was super friendly, and they bent over backwards to help us with anything we needed. They went out of their way many times to help us. First off, they saved our life. What I mean by this is there was a crazy lighting/thunder/rain storm all night the first night. We had been camping until that night but the hotel was a literal oasis in the storm for us. Perhaps they kept us from being struck by lightning.

They saved us a 2nd time, when our comedy show was cancelled, we needed to find a Ohio venue right away to perform at (we're are performing in all 50 states). The person at the front desk, called around to her contacts and found an amazing bar/music venue that let us open for one of the bands. Perhaps it was meant to be that way, we were in the city of ROCK after all. So it became an amazing experience for us to open for a rock band with some comedy.

Super friendly staff, easy location to Cleveland at a huge value. It was also a very quiet hotel.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor is actually the first floor. The 3rd floor is the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TeresaWyckoff
Nina P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We at FairBridge strive to exceed guest needs, and from you wrote, we did just that. I am so pleased to hear that the staff was able to help you in so many ways, from providing shelter to lining up a venue for you to perform in on such short notice. I hope that you would visit us again on your next tour in the area!

Please feel free to contact me any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com to further discuss your review.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This place was horrible. No ironing board in the room, no guest book, and very noisy. The bar was not good either. The wi-fi coverage was non-existent. The room we were given was not as booked. We booked a king size but we were provided two double beds at the end of the hall. The beds were not comfortable. I will never stay here again and I do not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you did not receive the room you had booked. I expect the staff to accommodate guests accordingly. Since your stay we have begun an extensive renovation, which includes providing irons and ironing boards in every room. I hope that you would visit and see what the fresh FairBridge will have to offer.

Should you wish to discuss this review further with me, I can be reached any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

All I can say is I am not impressed by this hotel. We came here for a family reunion and checked into the hotel around 10:30pm. Needless to say we were greeted by a swinging party that was taken place in the hotel as well as the usage of their hotel rooms. Men and women were walking around half naked, drunk women being escorted from the party room by several men topless along with men walking around with a dog lease around its neck. Once I seen this I hurried my children upstairs to keep them from being exposed to anymore craziness. Now the room! All I can say is wow!!! Definitely not in a good way. Everything in the room is outdated. For $90 plus tax a night ($103) is definitely not worth it. The bathroom smells like mildew and the mattress had dried up blood on it once I pulled back the covers to check for any critters. Once I did not see anything crawling, we got under the covers. About 30 minutes after being under the covers I immediately started itching. My mother is soundly asleep from exhaustion from Chemotherapy that I did not wake her but now I'm up itching. This is my first and last stay at this terrible hotel. Please stay away because it's not worth the time nor money.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gamble1950

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that the experience was not up to our standards. I would like to discuss this further, so please contact me at nina.parson@saphotels.com. My staff and I also send our best wishes for you and your family.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The FairBridge hotel was a Ramada hotel and it appears that they are undergoing renovations. The hotel is in need of major improvements. The most important is the beds are old and cheap so needless to say very uncomfortable. I found the hotel not to be very clean at all. A plus side there is a pool, hot tub and sauna. There was a problem with the room and staff correctly the problem and gave complimentary upgrade with late check out. Over all I feel I would have rather spent a more and stayed at a better hotel becase beds so uncomfortable and a good nights rest was difficult. Maybe the place will be better after renovations

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cesiam21

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry your room was not up to the standards we aim for, however I am glad the staff was able to upgrade your room and include the late check out. Thank you for also mentioning the pool and hot tub, as we like for our guests to enjoy these perks. The sauna is currently out of order as we are waiting for parts to repair it, but we hope to have the sauna available soon.

Thank you again for your review. I do hope that you would visit us once the renovation is complete, so that you can enjoy the fresh, updated FairBridge Hotel. Please feel free to contact me at nina.parson@saphotels.com if you would like to discuss your review further.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel it's not clean, carpet really dirty and we found peanuts in our sofa and the sheets of the bed were in really bad conditions and with smoking holes. The staff was nice and move us from an smoking room to a non smoking, breaksfast it's included but do not expect to much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to change rooms, as the rooms should always be clean and ready for our guests. We are in the process of renovating the hotel, which includes new carpets. linens and furniture for the guest rooms. I hope that you would visit us again and enjoy these improvements.

If you wish to discuss your review further with me, please contact me at any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com.

Nina

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We just visit this hotel this weekend. ...Well customer service was terrible, rooms had a odor, towels was dirty looking. A few of my family members had to change rooms due to the door wouldn't look. I was not please with this hotel at all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Benita S

Dear Benita,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry to hear you had such as bad experience. Since your stay we are improving Customer Service by implementing new standards, are replacing carpets as part of the renovation process and otherwise working to improve the overall hotel. I hope that you would visit us again and see what we have to offer.

Thank you again for sharing your review, as we find all reviews helpful. If you would like to further discuss this review, please feel free to contact me anytime at nina.parson@saphotels.com.

Nina Parson

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were guests at a graduation party and it was like the 90s came back to town. The décor was old, outdated and dusty. The air conditioning did not work in the party room so they gave us one nice big fan and then after an hour it was gone. The bar took it away from us. So unprofessional. My niece and I walked over to the lobby for some cool air and to watch tv and the furniture was much better but coated with dust. Wow. I would / will never recommend this place for parties or to stay at as a guest, until and unless they improve. Oh, how could I forget, there was a group of men smoking outside all night, which was fine, but they propped the doorway open so we too got their smokiness wafting into our non-smoking area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiki0412
Nina P, Director of Sales at FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2014

Dear Kiki0412

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Yes, at the time of your stay, the guest room decor was old and outdated. Since then we have been updating all the rooms to include new carpet, paint and furniture to stay current with today's trends. I am sorry to hear that the air conditioner did not work in the party room for your event. It was unprofessional to have the fan taken away, and I apologize. The air conditioner has now been repaired to make the banquet rooms more comfortable for everyone.

The front lobby area has also been cleaned up and the furniture is now dusted daily. As for the guests smoking outside, it is unfortunate to learn that the smokiness was wafting into the lobby area. I will find alternative smoking areas to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you for your review. It is important to know what our guests feel about their stay. If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact me any time at nina.parson@saphotels.com. I also hope that you will visit us again to see how much we have improved!

Regards,
Nina Parson
Director of Sales
nina.parson@saphotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wickliffe
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East - Beachwood
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby

Been to FairBridge Hotel Cleveland East? Share your experiences!