“Rough right now”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Perry, Ohio
“Rough right now”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is currently undergoing some renovation. Pool area is closed and redone rooms are sparse and rooms waiting to be redone are old and a bit worn out. But employees are nice and for the price, is a good value for a quick overnite.

Hopefully once renovations are complete, this will be a nice location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 5 March 2014

As a traveling salesperson I must say the Willoughby Travelodge was a GREAT FIND! I just happened to be driving in a snowstorm back to Michigan and decided to find a hotel close to the highway. You could see that the Travelodge was newly renovated as my room was all new.
For the low price I had a terrific room, a place to do my work since they had free Wi-Fi. I've put this hotel into my GPS for my next trip to Ohio.

Room Tip: Book ahead because this place will fill up once word gets out.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gonic, NH
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this location because I had to meet a co-worker to visit a client in the area. It was not my choice and I will not return here in the future. On the positive side all three employees I met in the front desk area were pleasant, made eye contact and good representatives. There was a sign about a renovation going on. I noticed as I walked to building B that the pool glass walls were piled high with debris, broken refrigerators, paintings and broken furniture. The parking lot was mostly not plowed of snow. Some cars appeared to have spent most of the winter in the same location. It is possible they had long term rentals because pet fees could be paid by the day, week or month per the sign at the front desk. I parked in ruts where I thought the bottom of my car would not be damaged. The hallway to the second floor room saturated with smoke and nicotine odors. Duct tape held the carpet to the stair liner. The first thing in the room was that the light did not work from the wall switch, there was enough light from the window to see a large refrigerator and a wall fixture over the desk that was working. There were no wall plugs near the desk. so I ran my computer connection to the bathroom. The local internet would not stay connected, so I had to use my own air card. The refrigerator, probably 15-17 CF blocked any view to the television. The bathroom was a travesty. The sink, toilet and tub all had hair on them. There was an ice bucket, but due to the amount of dirt in the bucket and on the bag there was no consideration of getting ice. It was not an expensive room, but the condition was a disappointment. When I departed in the morning there was a pond of ice at the exit. There were icicles on the building 4-6 feet in length and appeared dangerous. I slipped on the ice, but caught myself with only coffee spilled on my dress shirt. Maybe after renovations the location will be better. But if they don't bother to clean, shovel and plow the parking lot, what will renovations accomplish. All the adjacent businesses had clear parking lots.

Room Tip: I can't recommend anything about selecting a room at this location.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Amazing remodeled rooms with new hardwood flooring,modern paint,furnishings, new bedding and flat screen TV. Manager Connie gave us the new deluxe rooms for a few extra bucks over standard room. She mentioned thar its under new ownership and management. The new owners are putting a ton on money to make this property modern and deluxe. The front desk staff was polite and helpful. The breakfast was adequate. Amazing experience for 51.99 a room.

• Stayed February 2014
Fairfield
Reviewed 2 January 2014

very run down motel with little features. Good for just sleeping the night and leaving first thing in the morning. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Room was clean but sparse and old. Supposed remodeling of hotel in process. Pricey for what you get w/o discounts.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Connie F, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently renovating and we are very proud of the improvements we've made. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village

Been to Skylight Inn Clevelend? Share your experiences!