“great bed”

Skylight Inn Clevelend
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Willoughby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel under remodeling. No ice machines, no refrigerator in room as promised, coffee pot didn't work right. No pool or hot tub which is the reason we went there. Wouldn't give discount and no continental breakfast. Air conditioning broke during night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Connie F, General Manager at Skylight Inn Clevelend, responded to this review, 27 October 2014
I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. I know exactly when you were here...we were remodeling the lobby and felt it was unsanitary to offer breakfast for 2 days. We did distribute free coupons for Bob Evans, but unfortunately it seems we missed you. I would like to personally offer you a discount on a future stay with us. Unfortunately, we do not have the pool operational to date and have always stated that on our website. Please contact me if you would happen to be in our area again. I assure you that we can accomodate all your other needs.
Willoughby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Upon arriving to the hotel, i discovered it was under construction. The pool and hot tub were closed, but this was not disclosed on their website until I placed the reservation. My room was absolutely filthy. The wood laminate floor was dirty and sticky. Though the hotel was suppose to have a contiential breakfast, none was provided due to the lobby being under construction. They didn't even attempt to set it up elsewhere. There was no iron or ironing board in the room. It took several hours to obtain an iron. I had to go out and buy a bag of ice for my cooler since their only ice maker was not operational. At least the staff tried to help me out but I would never recommend the hotel for anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

I apologize that your stay here wasn't what you expected. First off, I assure you that the fact that our pool wasn't open is disclosed on our website. I would never try to deceive our guests. We have come a long way since that weekend. In order to improve our property, we needed to go through some major renovations and unfortunately at the time of your stay was a transitional time.
If you are in our area again, I would like another opportunity to accomodate you. Please contact me directly and I will do everything I can to make your stay here comfortable.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor

Been to Skylight Inn Clevelend? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Skylight Inn Clevelend

Property: Skylight Inn Clevelend
Address: 34600 Maplegrove Rd, Willoughby, OH 44094-9650 (Formerly Travelodge Cleveland/Willoughby)
Region: United States > Ohio > Lake County > Willoughby
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Skylight Inn Clevelend 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Skylight Inn Clevelend reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cleveland / Willoughby Travelodge Hotel Willoughby