Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Stayed here after a wedding. The place is very average. They don't provide much in amenities, but the price is fantastic if you are looking for a basic and clean room for an affordable price. Manager there was very nice. I'm still not a fan of any establishment using bulletproof glass at any point. I know it is for there safety, but it does not give the feeling of safety or classiness to a customer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed at the hotel while visiting for a family wedding--chose this one over the place the wedding party stayed and saved a significant amount of money. But if not for that--and if it had been just a bit less inviting--I'd have opted for the higher priced hotel across the street instead.

Overall this hotel was acceptable--but just barely. It's very old and in need of some serious maintenance. The room was mostly clean--but some things didn't inspire confidence.

When I first walked into the room I considered leaving--it was so clearly bare-bones cheap, and clean enough in the most essential areas, but elsewhere not so much. The carpet was in need of cleaning. I scrutinized the bedding--found a long hair on the sheet, again I almost left. But other than that the sheets were sparkling white, wrinkled but very clean, and the bathroom sink and tub looked clean, so I stayed.

The bed was rather hard, and the blanket the thinnest paper-thiin blanket I've ever seen. I had to turn the heater way up to stay warm enough at night. There was a broken light fixture over the bathroom sink, the TV remote was missing (the desk clerk gave me one when I stopped by to ask), and the chair at the desk was about 12 inches too low (would have been extremely uncomfortable if I'd had to use it for long). The room is very small. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

So...for the money, it's a very basic place to stay. If you're a little fussy, you probably won't be happy. If you do stay, be sure to scrutinize the sleeping and bathing area for cleanliness before you move in.

(I had no interest in using the pool, but it looked awful--not clean at all.)

Room Tip: Might want to avoid rooms adjacent to the highway--could be noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Dangelblue
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Pros:
- Reasonably priced compared to other options nearby
- Several dining options within short walking distance
- Convenient to major freeways nearby
- Clean room, new bathroom
- Wi-Fi available for a small fee

Cons:
- Problems with keycards functioning in doors and elevator (if you're on 2nd floor)
- Charged our credit card twice (but they corrected it on their own and put through an offsetting credit)
- Pool was not available for Memorial Day weekend (maybe only during high summer?)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Disgusting! Waking up after our first night we found bed bugs shared our bed. When we squished them blood spurted all over the sheets (which weren't all that clean to begin with).

We were told that "corporate central" would contact us... that was 3 weeks ago and still no call.

It may be cheap but you get what you pay for. I wouldn't let my worst enemy stay here.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lucerne20003
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I recently stayed here with my preteen/teen age children. We were shocked that the motel allows smoking. We were on a non smoking floor but still smelled it in the room because the unit below us allowed smoking and it came in through the air conditioning. We changed rooms and that was better but we still had to deal with the smoking at the pool and just about everywhere else. There is a no smoking sign at the pool but it isn't enforced since there are ash trays everywhere! Also the employees are allowed to smoke right by the pool! Yuck!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family