“Nice and clean”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Nice and clean”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is not a fancy place and just the basics but very CLEAN (most importantly)and friendly staff. Comfortable room with nice bath. Great deal for the money and convenient location. I would stay there again

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tampa
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Looking for nice place? I'd like to say a few things about this Motel 6. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is superb. Freeway access is less than a minute away. Plenty of parking..and restaurants and store all within walking distance.

Room Tip: The first floor all have access to outside. They accept pets so this was a must for getting the dog...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Jessup, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel had a 7.8 rating on Priceline, the highest in the area. It was filthy. The maid never cleaned the room. She exchanged the towels and emptied the waste basket once and did not do anything else. The toilet seat was broken. We were there five days. I had to exhange my own sheets and trade in towels and get toilet paper. They have no Kleenex or tissues and do not ever provide them. They blow leaves with a leaf blower, and the leaves blow under every door on the first floor. The wireless is pay-by-day-per-device and does not work. Had it not had such a great rating, we never would have stayed there. Because it was Priceline, it was prepaid. I would have been better off staying in my car.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mistermilton
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last minute. The guy at the desk was really nice, and helpful. It was about 2am when we checked in, and we were starving. He gave us a menu to Freshly's, said they were open until 4am, and had really good food (which they did). That helped a lot and saved us from driving all over the place at 2am trying to find something to eat. The room we had was clean, the bathroom was clean too. Definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My stay there started with getting off the filthy elevatir to an even more filty hallway! There was clumps of mud on the carpet in the hallway to my room. Upn entering my room. i pulled back the sheets on my bed to find them stained. I called the front dse and they came and changed the sheets only to find, more stains on the replacements. When I went to use the shower I found hair in the tub as well as mold and mildew on the shower curtain. The property was overall FILTHY!! They were however accomodating at the front desk. I received a full refund for my stay!

Room Tip: Don't s=choose this property...FILTHY!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank adam0289
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have stayed at this former Fairfield Inn now a Motel 6 several times. The rooms were clean, quiet and the staff was friendly. You can't beat it for the price. Until this changes, I won't bother to look anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 July 2012

First off, I can't believe I'm reviewing the Ritz Carlton and a Motel 6 in the same month...LOL. I wish I could give this ZERO stars. We checked out almost immediately after checking in. My husband had booked this hotel due to its location near a race he was running. I wasn't thrilled with this choice to start, but for the 7 hours we would be staying there (8pm-3am) to sleep and shower before the race, the price was right and I thought it would be fine. We checked in, and were given a room on the 3rd floor. After lugging all our bags up the 3 flights of stairs (no elevator) our keycard would not open the entrance door to the hallway. We went back to the desk and got a new card, which also didn't work. At that point we took all our stuff back down and got our money back. I can't even comment on the room, since we never actually made it that far, but the outside of the building looked dirty, had peeling paint everywhere, teenagers checking in to party and shady-looking characters drinking beer at the front desk. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JenniferS894
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby? Share your experiences!