“Inexpensive and average”

Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions with mixed results. Never a terrible stay but then never terrific either. Third floor is the best location to stay because they claim it is smoke free and the rooms are nicer. For the most part they do seem cleaner as well. I believe the lower floors are offered smoke free but I noticed an ash tray in my second floor room when I stayed in one. When I stayed on third floor where the staff told me they are strictly no smoking, on one evening, my neighbors left their room in a cloud of smoke. None the less, the staff has always been friendly, the hotel is convenient to where I visit, and you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Request a third floor room if you want some assurance it is non smoking.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is not a fancy place and just the basics but very CLEAN (most importantly)and friendly staff. Comfortable room with nice bath. Great deal for the money and convenient location. I would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Looking for nice place? I'd like to say a few things about this Motel 6. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is superb. Freeway access is less than a minute away. Plenty of parking..and restaurants and store all within walking distance.

Room Tip: The first floor all have access to outside. They accept pets so this was a must for getting the dog...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel had a 7.8 rating on Priceline, the highest in the area. It was filthy. The maid never cleaned the room. She exchanged the towels and emptied the waste basket once and did not do anything else. The toilet seat was broken. We were there five days. I had to exhange my own sheets and trade in towels and get toilet paper. They have no Kleenex or tissues and do not ever provide them. They blow leaves with a leaf blower, and the leaves blow under every door on the first floor. The wireless is pay-by-day-per-device and does not work. Had it not had such a great rating, we never would have stayed there. Because it was Priceline, it was prepaid. I would have been better off staying in my car.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mistermilton
Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here last minute. The guy at the desk was really nice, and helpful. It was about 2am when we checked in, and we were starving. He gave us a menu to Freshly's, said they were open until 4am, and had really good food (which they did). That helped a lot and saved us from driving all over the place at 2am trying to find something to eat. The room we had was clean, the bathroom was clean too. Definitely get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My stay there started with getting off the filthy elevatir to an even more filty hallway! There was clumps of mud on the carpet in the hallway to my room. Upn entering my room. i pulled back the sheets on my bed to find them stained. I called the front dse and they came and changed the sheets only to find, more stains on the replacements. When I went to use the shower I found hair in the tub as well as mold and mildew on the shower curtain. The property was overall FILTHY!! They were however accomodating at the front desk. I received a full refund for my stay!

Room Tip: Don't s=choose this property...FILTHY!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank adam0289
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have stayed at this former Fairfield Inn now a Motel 6 several times. The rooms were clean, quiet and the staff was friendly. You can't beat it for the price. Until this changes, I won't bother to look anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby? Share your experiences!