“Cheap and clean”

Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a cheap hotel. It was $65 per night. It was not fancy, it did not have mints on the pillows or pretty folded towels. It did not even have tissues. But it had beds, it had a bathroom, and it was CLEAN. I read the reviews and was terrified to see what our room would look like, but I was pleasantly surprised at how CLEAN it was and how affordable! What do you expect to get when you pay $65 per night in an area where other cheap (Ramada, Red Roof Inn) hotels are going for $150/ night? So if you think you're going to get a 5 star hotel for a 1 star price, just pay extra because you won't be happy. However, if you are a normal, reasonable person, and you want an affordable place to stay that won't make you go broke, then this is the place.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor NOT facing the pool and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KBFRANZ

Reviewed 8 July 2013

we returned to this property our last stay was good the desk people were very nice first floor room had a broken air conditioner so we went upstairs,the room was very nice. we did discover that there were not any towels ,later realized that the bathroom had not been cleaned.hey things get forgotten so i cleaned it up myself,and the desk gave us towels.we enjoy the pool here its cool but clean lots of towels available.laundry room is close so you can multitask one thing if smoke bothers you the air system in the building draws air into the door cracks and in the middle of the night our room smelt like someone was smoking cigars in it.we taped it up the next night to stop the draft and it was fine.will stay again if by that way

Room Tip: 3rd floor n/s just make sure they havent sprayed it because the last person smoked,
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

By far not the nicest Motel 6. We stayed here with our dog on July 4th, bad timing but we needed a place to stop and rest while driving cross country. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant despite being very busy with last minute guests. There are 3 floors and an elevator, the first and second are exposed to an outdoor walkway while the third floor is totally enclosed. There is a sign in the lobby stating no dogs are allowed on the third floor, they placed us there and did not ask if we had a pet which we did... the room was manageable, it smelled heavily of cigarette smoke although it was a non-smoking room...the sheets were clean but there were some cigarette burns on the other furniture. The bathtub had some mold, I wore shoes in the shower, the water had pressure and was hot. The bathroom sink drained slowly. The air cooler worked well. The king mattress was by no means firm but I slept well from exhaustion. It bothered me that the carpet, and 2 chairs each had different patterns making the room look busy and mismatched. There is a pool although I saw no one in it. If it were not july 4th we would have kept looking for a nicer room but everywhere seemed busy that night so we stayed. Definitely not the best motel 6 but I am sure there are worse.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms must be the nicest since they don't allow pets on this floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions with mixed results. Never a terrible stay but then never terrific either. Third floor is the best location to stay because they claim it is smoke free and the rooms are nicer. For the most part they do seem cleaner as well. I believe the lower floors are offered smoke free but I noticed an ash tray in my second floor room when I stayed in one. When I stayed on third floor where the staff told me they are strictly no smoking, on one evening, my neighbors left their room in a cloud of smoke. None the less, the staff has always been friendly, the hotel is convenient to where I visit, and you can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Request a third floor room if you want some assurance it is non smoking.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is not a fancy place and just the basics but very CLEAN (most importantly)and friendly staff. Comfortable room with nice bath. Great deal for the money and convenient location. I would stay there again

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Looking for nice place? I'd like to say a few things about this Motel 6. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is superb. Freeway access is less than a minute away. Plenty of parking..and restaurants and store all within walking distance.

Room Tip: The first floor all have access to outside. They accept pets so this was a must for getting the dog...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This hotel had a 7.8 rating on Priceline, the highest in the area. It was filthy. The maid never cleaned the room. She exchanged the towels and emptied the waste basket once and did not do anything else. The toilet seat was broken. We were there five days. I had to exhange my own sheets and trade in towels and get toilet paper. They have no Kleenex or tissues and do not ever provide them. They blow leaves with a leaf blower, and the leaves blow under every door on the first floor. The wireless is pay-by-day-per-device and does not work. Had it not had such a great rating, we never would have stayed there. Because it was Priceline, it was prepaid. I would have been better off staying in my car.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mistermilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
4 mi away
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
5 mi away
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Stonehill Hotel & Suites Cleveland- Eastlake

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby? Share your experiences!