“Home Visit”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Georgia
“Home Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Check in was fine. Room was updated except bathroom. Room was comfortable. They dont clean room everyday during your stay. Had to go to front desk for clean towels and ask for room to be clean during stay. Other than that stay was fine and staff was nice.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Taunton, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

When you look to stay at any Motel 6, it's surely because you're looking for a good value rather than spending over $100. a night anywhere else. This is fine but the only problem with this location is, THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY HOUSEKEEPING !!!

The front desk clerk did admit that their housekeeping staff "walked-off" the job, but there was someone nice enough to come into our room every day and take the gratuity I left out then leave without doing a thing each of the 4 nights we stayed there.

This is unacceptable and I do expect restitution for what happened. A prompt response is appreciated, until then I will continue to submit similar reviews of this location until I am satisfied

One more note, there are homeless people staying at this hotel but they are quiet and polite.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, spend a few more bucks and stay some place else or go to another Motel 6 locati...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank A G
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The first room we were given a key to wouldn't open. Even the woman at the front desk couldn't open it. so we were given the room next door. The door didn't fit the frame properly(lots of room between frame and door for bugs to come in), and the latch to lock the door didn't work. Thank God for the 2nd lock (the piece that flips across to the door frame.) While looking for a pen I discovered several rodent droppings in a drawer! There was no facial tissue and only 1 facecloth for 2 people. At least the blanket was new, as it came off during the night and was stuck to my leg!

Room Tip: I can't think of anything good to say accept it's within walking distance to 2 restaurants
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank doesitreallymatter1
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

On May 18, 2014, I checked in for a 3 night stay. Without boring you with details, let me give you a brief overview of this motel. My room was filthy (yet a housekeeper had made it look like she had cleaned it). Dirty sink....dirty toilet....dirty tub....hairs everywhere in bathroom. Although the bed and linen was made to appear that it was changed, the hairs on the pillows and the sheets told me otherwise.The floor was dirty as well. It took two separate visits to the front desk to get the room re cleaned. And during my 3 day stay, the "housekeeping" for my room was minimal. Each morning someone piled a stack of new towels on my bed, and put bar soaps in the bathroom. That was it! (so you'd better bring your own tp) Oh yeah, don't forget an alarm clock, either. And finally, not only was the room dirty, the lobby and the elevator floor were dirty as well (poor mgmnt).They do serve coffee in the morning, but you'd better bring your own sugar substitute. When I told the woman behind the desk that close to half of the public uses sugar substitutes, she said that they do not.....and she said so with an "i don't care what you think" attitude. Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't you think they'd supply an inexpensive, generic sugar substitute with their coffee? And alarm clocks? (again, poor mgmnt.) This is a disgusting Motel 6....and I am not exaggerating. Their idea of cleanliness and housekeeping details differs greatly with mine, and I would guess yours as well. STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: If you don't mind sleeping in a bed with the same linens as the previous guest, and walking on a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Anthony D
Lancaster, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My mom and I decided to go to Cleveland to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and weren't looking for an expensive hotel.... I thank and give praise to Desiree, she was very helpful and pleasent with accomadations, and understanding with changing our room due to the smoke smell in the room. The room overall was modern and update, beds were comfortable and room was clean, location was ideal.

I gave the hotel two stars, a few of my concerns which they may wanted to look into: The bathroom has no fan for ventalition when you use the shower, and there is no grab bar in the shower which was almost an issue for my mom who is older and has a few medical issues. Management may want to be a little more aware of that for older people, and everyone of all ages that stay at the motel.

Secondly, the hallways reaked of smoke...... unfortunatly we wont be returning, or headed back to any Motel 6 anytime soon.

The staff was great, just not a fan of the chain in general, sorry!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank darlene120175
Batavia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

A blizzard coming so I called & extended my stay a day early., no problem, needed to be at the Cleveland clinic for a consult. Stormy outside but nice and warm inside, Close to all shopping and easy access to downtown Cleveland. Pleasant people at desk. I neede a smoking room and they had one available, which was great, I didn't have to smoke outside in a snow storm..I would recommend a room with KING BED as it gives you more room and better floor plan. Nice value and would stay again if needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

A basic hotel in a really convenient location (for us) at a good price. It was snowy and frigid when we stayed and the hotel coped well. The room was warm and clean, the bed comfortable, a good TV with lots of channels including HBO. Kind of a strange smell in the room but we got used to it easily. We planned to stay for 2 days, but were able to leave early and the front desk made the change simply. Helped us find a nearby source of flowers. Many restaurants right nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 5 in Painesville

Been to Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby? Share your experiences!