“Not the same”

Willoughby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the same”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Ballantines was great when it first opened but the menu has changed for the worse yet gotten pricier and they have a serious image problem. They don't know I they want to be a trendy restaurant or a club. For some reason at night they cater to 21 year olds drinking which makes not lousy for people who may want to have a late dinner reservation and drop some serious cash on dinner and drinks. Sorry but I don't want to finish my dinner with the jersey shore fist pumping near my booth. I think having the back door open to 1899 was a big mistake. If I want to hangout and socialize with patrons of a dive bar then I would.

• Visited July 2014

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dining”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great menu - great service - quality food. Above the ordinary restaurant fare. Would definitely go again.

Visited July 2014
“Nice atmosphere/ good food”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were seated promptly on a Friday night. Service was pleasant and fast. My husband enjoyed his ribeye steak, very flavorful. I had the scallop appetizer and a house salad, both very good. We will go back again soon!

Willoughby, Ohio
“A gem”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is one of my favorite places in the Cleveland area. What I love the most about it is that I can depend on its consistency. After visiting dozens of times, I KNOW that I can expect excellent food (no matter what I order), a great selection of beer and wine, and great service & atmosphere. The prices are right on par for the quality they deliver. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Christina B
Mentor, Ohio
“Making a memory”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We had such a great time tonight. Our waitress'sname was Lee and she was wonderful. We were there to honor and celebrate or daughter's 35th birthday, if she had lived...and Lee went out if her way to make the night special to us. It was a great time, with great good...thank you!!