“Amazing.....great stay”

Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Reviewed 16 October 2013

On a recent drive through Ohio from massachusetts, i booked a double premium room for my mom, me and my 2 precious pugs. I found this prpoerty through bringfido.com. it was important to have somewhere wonderful to stay with them. We arrived about 7pm and the clerk was wonderful, check in waz fast and easy. I was still very afraid i was going to get a crappy room. When i walked in to my room i was so impressed with the room, it smelled brand new, was spotless with clean comfy beds a snack in the fridge and space for my pugs to play. The clerk gave me menus because we were starving. We spent a quiet evening with my lugs relaxing before our ride to chicago. My only issue was the missed wake up call that we requested. I complained to Rhonda and she took care of me. Bravo to the management and staff of thks hotel, it was amazing and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Greetings PugMama!
Thanks for staying in one of brand new Premium rooms! I'm glad to read you enjoyed your stay and loved the room. My apologies for the missed wake-up call but happy to know Rhonda took care of you, she is terrific. Actually, our entire staff is very friendly and helpful. We look forward to your next visit (and bring your pugs, we love pets).

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed in Willoughby for two nights at two hotels so see my review of the Comfort in across the street to compare and contrast.

I stayed in a standard room and thus my review will be specifically for that type. pros: clean room, fairly modern, flat screen tv, good wireless signal. cons: we had 2 rooms and both were non smoking, however one smelled of smoke, no breakfast, hotel rooms all face outside, and when the semi truck drivers staying there left really in the morning it woke me up when there engines were revving up, because if the setup of the hotel guests around our room were hanging out late at night talking and laughing outside our room. Beds also seemed hard and not very comfortable. I am sure the more expensive rooms are more comfortable. No fridges or microwaves.

The experience was enough for us to try the other hotel. The hotel is OK but nothing more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Kendall,
Thank you for the review and recognizing our clean rooms with flat screen TV's and a good wifi signal. My apologies for the smell of smoke in one of your rooms, it is unfortunate when a previous guest smokes in a non-smoking room. When we discover that issue, we strip all bedding, draperies, shower curtain, clean carpet and sometimes even wash the walls. The next time you stay with us, we can get you a room that does not face the trucking area. We have Superior King rooms, Deluxe Doubles and Premium rooms that all feature microwave-fridge units and other amenities, only our standard rooms do not have the microwave-fridge unit. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have little to add to my review of 15 june 2013. Have a look at it. Nothing has changed This is still a great place to stay. Under Ken, the Manager"s, supervision they are adding some new premium rooms at the inn with more extras and more upmarket, stylish features in these new rooms.They should prove a value-added extra for those who want that little bit more from their stay. As for myself, Im looking forward to my next visit. Can"t fault the place., and they never disappoint.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Greetings Michael,
Thanks for the wonderful review (again). We always enjoy your visits with us, you are part of our family. Also, thanks for the plug on our new 'Premium rooms'. After our first week of guests staying in the plush rooms, we have had nothing but great comments about them. The rooms are beautiful and have a stylish design! We will save one for you on your next visit!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The staff at this location were very friendly and helpful with their advice regarding nearby shops. The hotel was easy to reach from the highway exchange. Highway traffic noise was audible inside the room but not intrusive enough to affect our sleep.

We stayed in a smoking room for one night, and woke up feeling congested the next morning. For the right price and in a non-smoking room, I might consider staying here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

I appreciate your recognition of our helpful and friendly staff, they enjoy reading positive comments. My apologies that you stayed in a smoking room and woke up congested the next day. Over 80% of our rooms are nonsmoking rooms and the next time you stay with us, be sure to book a nonsmoking room. Perhaps one of our new 100% smoke free "Premium" rooms with all new amenities like; micro-fridge units, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, big work station, coffee maker. Stylish boutique design with all new furniture. Modern vessel sink, comfy Rest Suite bed by Serta, extra pillows and a 'snack box' with popcorn, trail mix, breakfast bar, orange juice and bottled water. We look forward to seeing you agin!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We always enjoy our stay at Red Roofs and this weekend was no different. We travel with our dogs and they are pet friendly. We requested and received a first floor room. We were near the end of the building whcih opened to a small grassy area. The room was not fancy but clean. The rate was very reasonable and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Hello Erin,
We appreciate the good review. We are a great place to stay with or without pets. But we really love pets and I'm happy we were able to accommodate your needs for the first floor. Our Housekeepers like being acknowledged about their clean rooms and we look forward to seeing you again in future travels.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The room was clean except for hair on the toilet and floor in the bathroom. Everything else was clean, the bed was comfortable, wifi worked pretty good, and the water was hot and pressure great. Only complaint is at 1am they had ppl outside been extremely loud and woke me so I call the frontdesk and a man answered I told him he said he would handle it, but after lying there for 30mins no one came up and told them a thing. Finally they went into their room but I was woken two more time by these disrespectful ppl and the man I talk didn't do a thing. Was really pissed I didn't get any rest. I was woken at 1am 2:30am and again at 3am. When we checked out at 8am the ladies were very nice and professional. Ac kept kicking off and you could hear the cars on the interstate and ppl walking around. So ask for a room closer to the frontdesk for less noise.

• Stayed: August 2013
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Hi Tonya,
Thanks for the good review, my apologies for the hair and especially the loud people. Our night auditor did call the people, but perhaps we should have made a personal visit and a threat of calling the authorities if they did not quiet down. We look forward to seeing you again in future visits.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

From the moment I walked into the Red Roof Inn Cleveland East-Willoughby I felt at home. From check-in to check-out the front desk was friendly and willing to go above and beyond. The directions to our room were clear which made it easy to find with parking available outside the door. The room was clean and comfortable for a one nights stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I'm glad we could make you feel at home. Thank you for the positive review and recognizing the friendliness of our front desk staff. Also, thanks for giving a pat-on-the-back to our housekeepers and their efforts in cleaning your room, it means everything to them. We look forward to seeing you in future travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
4 mi away
#1 of 5 in Painesville
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Mentor
Holiday Inn Cleveland East - Mentor

Been to Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby? Share your experiences!