Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby
US$115
HolidayInn.com
US$153
US$138
All reviewsburger kingpremium roomroom was cleanfront deskgreat place to staywould stay here againextra towelsgreat priceprice rangea pet friendly hotelparking lotpleasant staywi fifirst floorno frillshave stayed here several timesshort stay
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have just come back from spending 4 days (Thanksgiving) at this location. The new Premium Room would have cost twice as much somewhere else. The room was well furnished and having a clean, good looking flooring instead of a questionable dirty carpet was a plus.

Jessica and CJ quickly checked us in and went out of the way to make sure we had everything we needed. Our housekeeper, Jamie, did a great job cleaning our room and keeping us in towels and toiletries.

We plan to make this our home for future trips to the Willoughby area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Hello Dale,
I was very happy to read your wonderful review and thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed your new Premium room with all new furnishings and upgrades. Your recognition of our staff members put a smile on everyone's face. We are fortunate to have employees like Jessica, CJ and Jamie. They take pride in their work and love being friendly and helpful to our guests. We look forward to seeing you for your class reunion next year.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We needed several rooms for a last-minute family trip and chose this hotel over another that would have been nearly twice the price. The Premium room appeared to be recently remodeled, with attractive, modern furniture and a laminate floor (no smelly carpeting). Beds were comfortable, and the room was quiet, clean, and safe. Shower was hot. Front desk staff were very pleasant. I'd have preferred queen-sized beds over full, but that was only a minor drawback for such a great value.

Room Tip: The Premium room is worth the small extra cost.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Hello Aunt CheChe!
We are very pleased that enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful review and we are glad you appreciated the "new Premium" rooms and the value vs other hotels. The Premium rooms have two double beds or one King size bed plus all the other amenities; microwave-fridge unit, hair dryer, coffee maker, extra large work station, iron and ironing board. I think our Front desk staff is the friendliest in town and thank you for recognizing their efforts. We look forward to seeing you and your family in future travels.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We regularly stay at this property when in Cleveland visiting our family. Okay- no breakfast but there is a wide selection within a mile for any meal you'd desire. There is a nice pet walk area adjacent to the motel.The rooms are very clean, up to date, and priced right for what you get.

Last year I made a reservation using the Nicest Price feature. This is usually a non-refundable rate. Hurricane Sandy was about to hit the east coast and possibly even Ohio. We chose not to drive into the hurricane zone, called the motel, and the decision was made to refund our money! We had the same reservations along the route from OH to FL. None of the others would grant a refund. Guess which motel we returned to? No- I don't work for Red Roof Inns.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 936steveh
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hi Steve,
The entire staff appreciates your review, especially the housekeepers. We have a great location and fantastic property. Our Red Roof company also thanks you for the kind words regarding your cancellation. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Great quality, Great price and Great friendly and knowledgeable staff .Being pet friendly is a plus also because many people travel with their pets. My husband is handicapped and the room we were in accommodated his needs quite well. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any one traveling in the Cleveland , Willoughby area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Dawna,
Thank you for giving a "Great" review and recommending us to others. I am pleased we were able to meet the needs of you and your husband. We look forward to seeing you again in future travels.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I travel a lot in Ohio for buisness. At first, I was sceptical of staying in a ecomony hotel. This hotel chain has improved and came recommended by a co worker. Then when I checked in, the clerk said the hotel is the 3rd best in the nation, so I raised my expectations. The hotel grounds were clean and I went to check in. I booked through red roofs website and she took a while to find the reservation. I had requested a first floor two months ago and she said it was not available due to high occupancy. No accomidations were made for my request. So I had to walk up flight of stairs to the end of the hallway on the second floor to my room.

I checked the bed for bedbuggs and found a yellow liquid stain on the sheets. In a hotel that is 3rd in the nation, I was expecting to have a clean room. Instead of replacing all of the sheets and comforter housekeeping only replaced the soil sheet and put the soiled comforter over the sheets. I was running late due to a meeting so I didn't have time to call again. I did not sleep well knowing that I am sleeping in a dirty bed. At checkout, no one asked how my stay was.

Like I mentioned earlier, I had real hopes for red roof in and I am questioning if all hotels have this level of cleanliness or organization.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ken M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Cleveland East - Willoughby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for the review, I apologize your stay did not live up to your expectations (or ours). Occasionally, we are not able to grant requests and we really do our best to take care of guest requests. But yes, occupancy does play into those situations. I'm not certain what the yellow stain could be without seeing it, but I am pleased we were able to fix the problem during your visit. Typically we do not have problems like you experienced and I hope you will give us another try. Please call me at 440-946-9872.