“Wonderful, what a find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Willoughby
Homestead House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Willoughby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Visiting friends in Willowick, in the center of a charming town. Very quiet. Spectacular breakfast. We had the Writer's Room.Beautiful well appointed. Spacious and immaculate bedroom and bath. Our innkeeper Deanna very accommodating. We loved it. Comfortable beds, nice linens. Bed and Breakfast the way it should be.

Room Tip: Can't miss with this one. Our stay was great.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole B

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I have traveled extensively at home and abroad and have often stayed at B&Bs. We’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Now we’ve seen the best: Homestead House. Although our hostess Deanna couldn’t be there to greet us, she left our key and the instructions to our room. The room was immaculately clean, the bedding was soft, and the pillows were comfy.

White tablecloths and lovely china greeted us the next morning in the breakfast room. Deanna popped in to give us a warm welcome and then disappeared into the kitchen. As I sipped my tea, I wondered what the breakfast would be because the online reviews had been so complimentary. Bacon, eggs, and pancakes were served, but they had been transformed into imaginative variations on a theme. And a breakfast dessert appeared at the end of the meal. Deanna is a magician in the kitchen. Breakfast was a leisurely affair, and, after her serving duties ended, Deanna joined us at the table to chat.

I’ve never enjoyed a stay so much even at a five-star hotel. Deanna has created an oasis of comfort and wonderful cuisine in tiny Willoughby, Ohio. She’s an extraordinary hostess. We’ll definitely be staying with her again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patrice R
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The owner was very accomodating to give us a way to get in since we arrived at the end of the day and they had to leave earlier.
The house is pretty big and very well decorated with antique furniture.
There are many rooms to read and relax. It is kept very clean and the room was comfortable, thanks to a central a/c maintaining a nice temperature.
I was a little disapointed to wakeup and hear the train wistle at night but it did't seem to bother my wife.
Intersting fact, this house was used as a church at one time.
For breakfast, the owner had cooked us a wonderful 3 course breakfast.
I would recommand this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Railroad train nearby, wistle at night might wake you up if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luc B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were 3 couples travelling together and stayed 2 nights at Homestead B and B. What a fabulous find! The breakfasts were to die for.We didn't need lunch till 3 in the afternoon. Deanne, our host, has completely renovated an estate type home. Her vision and attention to quality and detail is unparalleled. I have stayed in a number of wonderful B and B's but this one is in a league of it's own. My friend got some ball point ink on his pants. Deanna took the pants and got out the stain for him while we visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The restaurants in the area are also outstanding, You can walk to all the restaurants from this B and B as it is right around the corner from the main street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Wow, where do I begin...never have I felt so at HOME while away from home! I love this B & B, and Deanna's cooking...oh sweet baby Jesus does she know how to cook!

I loved everything about my short stay here! The bed was SO comfortable, the room was so clean (big plus for this clean freak! ) plenty of soft bath towels, soaps, cups, pillows, everything! Plus, Deanna does an amazing job of making her B&B feel just like home!

Please, don't take my word for it! Book a stay here... you wont regret it! :)

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mia M
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here on business and were impressed with everything about this B&B. The room was amazing; very clean and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was delicious each morning, and the location was ideal, with plenty of surrounding shops and restaurants, and very close to historic Kirtland. All in all, a very personal experience. We'll definitely recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Katie Y
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My family and work colleagues are regular visitors to the Willoughby area and we wanted a better quality and more personal experience than the usual hotels. With the Homestead House B&B we struck gold! I regularly visit hotels all around the world but I can genuinely say that Homestead House is the the one that I most look forward to returning to. All of the rooms are furnished with antique furniture and so of course they are all unique. The four poster bed in the room that I have used is exceptionally comfortable and the bathroom has both a shower cubicle and a spa bath (but note, they are all different so check when you book). The breakfasts are exceptional being interesting, beautifully prepared and plentiful. Perhaps Homestead House would not work for you if a large and efficient working space is your priority but, for everyone else, I would strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in "Fine Arts" and I love it. It features a four poster bed and a spa b...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business