“Nice, out of the way place”
Review of Capricorn Inn

Capricorn Inn
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have been going to the Capricorn Inn since 1989. A guy named Rod owned it then and the locals just called it "Rods". I went a lot thru the 90's and then not so much as I didn't visit this area as much anymore. Rod sold it about 2 or 3 years ago. The one thing always trips me up is they are CASH ONLY! NO CREDIT OR ATM CARDS. There is an ATM machine there but I have no idea who's bank it is or what fee's they charge. Went again this weekend and it has not changed much. All the pics Rod had on the walls are gone. I asked if he ever stops in or if anyone has seen him or how he is doing and no one has seen him since the day he sold it. Anyway. The food was good. We each got a Rod burger and mushrooms. The burgers are still HUGE! All the fixen's were fresh. The burger was cooked too much and burnt around the edges but still quite good. The girls serving were very friendly and helpful. They didn't seem all that busy and it took a very long time to get our food, but, it was that way when Rod ran the place. It's just a laid back place, no rush, and each order seems to be made individually. I will certainly go back.

2  Thank D F

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We read reviews on this place and decided to give it a try since my husband loves burgers. It is out of the way and I was not sure about it. I'm sure now! The only thing - don't get an appetizer or fries - the burgers are just too big. I got a regular cheeseburger and am miserable, it was so good I ate every bite.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great food! Large portions and all was fresh and hot. I had grilled cheese and fried cauliflower and husband had Rod Burger (huge) and sweet potato fries. We also got very large chocolate chip cookies! Just yummy, yummy, yummy!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I've been eating here since I was born. Now years later I'm still here. All my friends have been here. The place is a bit pricy but you get what you pay for. They are always playing music. They have amazing pickles, and they have a pool table and arcade games for kids or adults! They have soft drinks Pepsi products or coke in a can. The food is amazing.

1  Thank Katieelizabeth143
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you just happen to be in the outskirts of Wilmington, OH (and who isn't now and then?!), stop by this establishment for some of the best and simplest food you can find. Yes, Rod's Burger is that good. I recommend you split the fries with someone, but if you have a really hardy appetite, you'll be able to handle them yourself. Not a place to visit while on Weight Watchers!

1  Thank OHBoy614