“We had a great stay!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmington
Effie's Place Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Wilmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our one night stay in the Denver Suite was amazing. Laurei and Keith showed wonderful hospitality - from the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies upon our arrival, to the fabulous breakfast the next day - we couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lori H
Reviewed 3 December 2007

We stayed over for one night after attending our company's christmas party in Wilmington and we were very happy with the accomodations, breakfast, and the host and hostess. The house is nicely decorated and the bed very comfortable. The innkeepers make you feel at home, which I think is very important for a B+B. There are TV/VCR combos in the rooms and the small library downstairs has a PC with internet to use as well as many books and also movies you can take back up to your room to watch. The homemade cookes waiting in our room was a nice touch. It is very easy to find, right in downtown Wilmington. We stayed in their smallest room, the only room available that night, and even though it is advertised as perfect for single traveler, the bed was plenty big enough for 2. We will likely go back again!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Sunnisky5
Reviewed 30 October 2007

Neither my fiance or I had ever stayed at a bed and breakfast in our lives so I booked the Denver room for my husband and I for our honeymoon. I could not have been any more pleased. Laurie, the innkeeper, even stayed up late to welcome us with Chocolate covered strawberries and "champagne". (sparkling cider). We had so much fun relaxing in our hot tub that we almost didn't want to get out. The room has an awsome sunporch that I'm sure is great in the summertime. It was winter and a bit chilly out there but they gave us a "fireplace" (electric heater that looked like a real fireplace) and it made it sooo cozy.
Breakfast was superb!! Laurie even went the extra mile of booking our massages two doors down at the spa. I would love to go back, but for now we're taking in the experiences of other bed and breakfasts as a tradition.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank cjravynn
Reviewed 23 August 2005

My husband and I just spent a night in the Denver suite at Effie's Bed and Breakfast. We had a wonderful time! Laurie, the innkeeper, was so friendly and made us feel welcome the moment we arrived. There were even fresh baked cookies waiting in our room. The house and our suite was more beautiful than the pictures they have on their website. Laurie suggested a lovely restaurant for dinner that was within walking distance. Our breakfast in the morning was delicious as well. My husband and I can't wait to return. Such a great deal!

4  Thank ktfarley417