“Again, helpful friendly staff and great rooms.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wilmington
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Again, helpful friendly staff and great rooms.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Traveled alone in May 2013 to visit relatives.
OVERALL HOTEL:
had been redone since my visit two years ago. But still nice and comfortable lobby and great place to hang out if wanted.
STAFF:
still just as friendly and helpful as I remembered. I needed a last minute place to stay due to bad experience at DIFFERENT hotel. When I called Saturday morning, they were booked, but offered to call if anything opened. A room did open up and they called me, but I had already found another place. Still, impressed that they kept watch for me and called me back.
ROOMS:
had a king bedroom and layout was really nice and spacious. Clean bathrooms too!
BREAKFAST:
typical with hot foods and other basics. Good food! Clean spacious lobby to eat in.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter. Quiet area of town. On large property, so no big noise issues. NOTE...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canton, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very nice hotel, would stay there again! The only problem I had was.......I reserved a non smoking room and got a smoking room and there was know other non smoking two bed room available that evening.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Greater Lansing
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed here on business. Hotel seemed fairly new and all common areas were clean and well maintained. Sat outdoors in the back of the hotel to enjoy the evening sunset and the property had a comfortable, backyard feel, with nice patio furniture, walkways and a putting/chipping green. No road noise as the hotel is set back from the main road and a Buffalo Wild Wings is a short distance away. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. One of the nicer Hamptons I have stayed at. Well done.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
DuBois, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was pleased to find a Hampton Inn when business took me to western Ohio. This hotel is everything you expect of Hampton, good service, quality accommodations, reasonable price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, anytime.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

buffalo, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Are room was very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. When in are room it was so quiet I thouhgt we were the only people on the floor. When we go back to the Western and Sourthern Open will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Our extended family (7 of us) stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn in Wilmington, OH (not Delaware!!) while attending both a college and high school graduation party with relatives. We had two rooms, one of which was a suite to accommodate my daughter and her family of 5. This Hampton sits back off the main road and is easily missed -- just look for the Aldi's and turn there. Rooms were typical of a Hampton, nothing special but at least the rooms appeared to be neat and clean. Several restaurants in and around the hotel and if you need something, there is a Dollar store literally in front of the hotel within easy walking with the Aldi's just a little further up.

Continental breakfast was pretty typical as well, again nothing special but certainly adequate for most people who just want something to tide them over until lunch.

All in all a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I held a two day meeting here on a Thurs. and Fri. The room was set up to my specifications (rarely happens); space was big enough with coffee and a counter for the snacks they let me supply myself. The staff was extremely helpful including coming to the rescue when my powerpoint projector didn't work and setting up there's for me. I did not sleep over but those in my group that did seemed to be happy with their rooms. I hope I am able to use this location again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
SGPickle, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your review! Meeting space is not something we see reviewed here on Trip Advisor very often so I am glad we made a strong impression for you! Thank you for the kind words and work hard to make sure everything goes great, as well as make it our job to be ready for the unexpected! Thanks so much!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
Holiday Inn Wilmington
hampton inn
hampton inn
#2 of 5 in Jeffersonville
Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington C...
#1 of 3 in Washington Court House

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington? Share your experiences!