“Cleaniest Hotel”

The Inn at Amish Door
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wilmot
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here for my daughters birthday and let me tell you it was the cleanest hotel I have stayed at so far. I recently stayed at a super 8 in mason and it was nothing but filth. Love the staff and their friendly faces. Keep up the good work girls

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We found this place on the internet and Trip Advisor. We were pleasantly surprised. We were in the area to visit family and wanted a central location in Amish country and this place was perfect for that. Our room was on the first floor down a large nicely decorated hallway. I even bought one of my favorite decorations, a bird house across from our room. The room was large and had a nice window seat and beautiful view of a garden (and the birds.) My husband had a hard time getting in and out of his side of the bed as it was too close to the wall. There was lots of closet space, two spaces in fact, one closet in the room and a space in the bath area. The breakfast is standard fare with yogurt, cereals, pastries, waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy. Their restaurant had a good buffet where we ate one evening and we enjoyed the shops on the property. The cookies in the lobby are a nice touch. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sjab2013
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just returned from a 2 day stay. We visited various places from Wilmot to Charm, Ohio. This is the most serene, peaceful place we have found in this area. The room was very clean, shower was clean, we couldn't have asked for anything more. We watched horses and Amish buggies from our room and also from the Veranda in the front of the inn. We enjoyed the continental breakfast which was offered. We had a slight problem with the A/C in our room and it was readily addressed. Also on the grounds are a bakery, restaurant and a gift shop. If you like quiet or just getting away from it all, this is the place for you. But a word of caution, there are no stores open after the dinner hour so if you think you may have forgotten something you will have quite a drive to get somewhere. There is a gas station in this little town. Enjoy yourselves!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sombrero6
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Amish Door only one night. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. Staff was friendly. We went to the indoor pool and hot tub. Towels were provided there. There were several of them thrown around in various places and needed to be picked up, which wasn't done until right before it closed down for the night. However, both pool and hot tub were clean. Continental breakfast the next morning was nice. There are nice views. Good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1travelinjunkie
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Amish Door just one night. My first priority for a happy hotel stay is that the room is clean, and this room and bathroom were immaculate as well as being spacious with a comfortable bed, a table and chairs, and a sofa. The rate was reasonable, the countryside stunning, and the people working at the hotel and restaurant helpful and extremely nice. The complimentary continental breakfast had something for all tastes and was served in a lovely area with beautiful views on the second floor. Should we find ourselves back in this part of the country, we would stay here again with pleasure!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MDTravelers60
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Some dear friends provided us with a gift card for a night away. Unfortunately, the gift card slipped out of the brochure at home and we didn't have it with us. We mentioned it when we checked in and the suggestion was made to have someone at home call in the number, but our kids are grown and out of the house now. No one to call. So, an hour after checking out and arriving home, I called with the info at hand and was told by the manager that it was too late to credit my CC and use the gift card. She told me that had I mentioned it before I checked out they could have accommodated us. Something like, it would be too complicated for the Accounting department to deal with. Wow! Timing is everything. Overall, it was a nice stay. Wonderful setting. Good breakfast. Clean, if not a little worn, room. We'll be back... because we've got to use that gift card!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dick L
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a very nice sweet. However, I would expect for the price I paid for a sweet that there would be an anti-slip Matt in the bathroom. The bathroom floor was like marble and was very slippery when wet. A basic bath Matt was provided but it just slid around on the wet floor. I almost slipped and fell.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jody T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmot
Berlin Resort
#4 of 5 in Berlin
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 5 in Berlin

Been to The Inn at Amish Door? Share your experiences!