“Check the coffee pot before using it.”
Review of Super 8 Wooster

Super 8 Wooster
Super 8 Wooster
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Reviewed 15 June 2012

The overall experience was average. Typical cheap motel stay. Decent value, rooms relatively clean. My room was connected to the one next to me by a door which made it feel a bit less private. My worst complaint is that the coffee pot was disgusting. The reservoir had mold in the bottom. If I hadn't looked in first I would have had some nasty coffee.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 9 June 2012

While this sits back a ways from the road and the surrounding lots need weeds cut and some buildings nearby are a litte unsightly, this was a great stay. Room was clean and it was quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. For $49, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ReasonableCharlie
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Picked up a lodging brochure from a rest stop. We wanted to visit and shop in the Amish country and found the prices to stay closer out of this world. We didn't want to buy the place just spend a couple of nights. We located this place off the beaten path, not a bad little place for the money. I figured it might be a dump for the price. I think we paid about $60 a night. The room was cozy and nice, mattress a bit worn. We had to ask for WIFI as they had it disconnected, but immediately connected upon request. You park right outside your door which is nice, but can also be a bad thing because of the noise. There was a dog show in town and our neighbors had several dogs that began barking at 6 AM... We waited and after an hour of constant barking asked them to quiet the dogs. After another 30 minutes we went to the front desk to complain. They did not wish to get involved in the incident so did nothing. I'm sure we were not the only guests unhappy about the early sounds of dogs barking. I am an animal lover, but it was ridiculous. We paid for several night in advance and then discovered that we had to leave one night early due to unforseen weather conditions. We were a distance from home and needed to get on the road to avoid the bad weather. It was at 4PM that we requested to check out and I figured that they would probably not refund our money, but I thought perhaps they might consider a portion of a refund. They would not, they kept the whole amount and although I was disappointed I accepted it. However, what made the situation worst was the Desk clerk knowing I was upset sarcastically said "Have a nice night". It was NOT sincere or geniune. She was being a rip.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Well, I'm kind of a cheapskate, but I thought this was outstanding for the money (only about $60). The room was very clean, and good sized. The bathroom, however, was kind of small. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Room actually came with a refrigerator and microwave, which is just about unheard of at that price. Nice TV with Direct TV service that worked fine, although it wasn't a flat screen, it was a big monster. The continental breakfast was probably the most basic I've ever seen, with a very small room, and just bagels, english muffins, donuts, cereal and juice. No fruit. The location is kind of strange, very isolated for being in a small City. Nothing at all nearby but a Mexican restaraunt. But that does make for a quiet environment. I'd stay there again in a second, and recommend it to all other cheapskates.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2009

I have been to the Super 8 a number of times during the years that my daughter has been attending the college there and, while it is more or less basic, it is perfectly fine. It is a slight bit run down, but it is always clean and the free breakfast, while once again basic, is better than my last experience at another better-known chain in town. One big plus for us is that they will take pets and so we always stay here if we want to bring our dog along. I wanted to review this motel because the college doesn't include them in their list of recommended properties, and I wanted people to know that it's perfectly fine, even though it is off the beaten track. I have always felt safe there, and the double entrance doors, one to the parking lot, one to the hallway, are a plus if you have a pet along. Because the college doesn't list it on their website, it often has the advantage of having available rooms on parents' weekends when most other places are sold out.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Located in the older part of Wooster right off the freeway exit. Motel is older, but they have tried to update it with some cheep remodeling. Interior hallways, plus an outer door for each room. It was nice to park right outside the door & not have to haul luggage far. The desk clerk wasn't very friendly when we first went in to check in, but we joked around with her and by the time we finished, she was warming up to us.

Basic Super 8 - it was adequate for the night. Nice large breakfast room with the standard fare, nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 June 2008

This motel suited my stay just fine, a place to crash before my next business meeting. A decent Mexican bar & restaurant within walking distance behind the motel called The Three Amigos. There was a vacant lot next door that was all weeds. Rooms were clean thanks to the Amish women I seen in the lobby that I assume cleaned the rooms. Overall, good enough for me but not something I'd bring my family too. Fair price for a good nights rest. Old style credit card machine, which is a negative. Didn't try their breakfast, but there's a Bob Evans I believe across the street.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank abcsoaps
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Comfort Inn
#6 of 8 in Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster by Hilton
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Wooster

Been to Super 8 Wooster? Share your experiences!