“Decent”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Chicago
“Decent”
Reviewed 18 July 2006

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Rooms were nicely sized and very comfy beds and pillows. The indoor pool was a decent size for a hotel, however the fitness center could have used some help. The stair stepper didn't work at all, the treadmill changed speed on it's own and needed some grease, one of the two bikes had a stuck seat. The continental breakfast was ok. The health inspector was there as I was looking at the selection and as I reached for the pitcher of milk, he just shook his head at me. I opened the heated scrambled egg container and he walked around and stuck a thermometer in. I decided it was best to stick with a bagel and juice. Conveniently located. Quite close to shopping and food. The shower had wonderful water pressure and at 830AM there was still loads of hot water!

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank taffy2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Northwest, IN
Reviewed 19 November 2005

The day before our son was to start his Fall semester at College of Wooster we stayed at the Inn. The room we had was wonderful in size and design but it smelled horrible of smoke, I had a miserable night and could not sleep well. There were no other rooms available. I received a phone call from the Inn after I complained, but the woman did not seem sincere but just going through the motions. For family weekend we stayed at the Best Western. The service was better!

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
NE Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2005

This was a nice hotel which we stayed at during the first weekend of August, 2005. We were in town for the Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony (about 25-30 minutes away from the hotel). It was reasonably priced and because of the HOF weekend, it was completely booked. I had reserved a room with 2 queen beds because my husband and I were traveling with another couple. When we arrived to find a king size bed and pull-out couch, we were informed that we had been given an "upgrade" and couldn't switch back to our original reservation because the hotel was full. Not much of an upgrade sleeping on a sofa bed. The only other negative was minor but because we were in town for the HOF, as were nearly all the other guests, I expected the front desk staff to have at least some basic information (directions, parking, etc.) about the HOF, but they had none. Beyond those two things, the hotel room was clean and comfortable. The swimming pool was very nice and not at all crowded considering how many people were there. The free breakfast was good (considering it was free!) and parking was more than adequate. The location was also good with several restaurants, shops and a mutli-plex movie theater within easy walking distance. Overall, I would stay here again, but I would make my room needs clear.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank relic10
IL
Reviewed 27 January 2005

We arrived in Wooster three days after a huge ice storm passed though Central Ohio and uprooted hundreds of families as well as thousands of trees. Most of the area hotels were full, which must have been unusual for a mid-Winter night. The Hampton handled everything in a professional manner, the room was nice and the breakfast was standard Hampton quality. In all, it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2005