“Lovely Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wooster
Mirabelle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Wooster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Susie and Steve were fabulous hosts. I am an alumni of the College of Wooster and was visiting for a presentation to the current students. We arrived late in the evening and Steve was gracious enough to stay up and wait for my friend and I. Breakfast and conversation were excellent; Steve even packed us to-go breakfasts for the last day because we had to leave early. I highly recommend staying at the Mirabelle when returning to Wooster as an alumni. They made me feel comfortable visiting my old stomping ground.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JoT841
There are newer reviews for Mirabelle Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Steve and Susie were wonderful host. The rooms were very cozy and clean. There knowledge of where to go in the city and surrounding area was great. Let's not forget the wonderful breakfast Steve prepared every morning. I am consultant who is on the road 40 plus weeks a year and I would recommend to anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 day stay at the Mirabelle. Steve and Susie Ellis welcomed us and gave us a tour of their lovely B&B. From the time we arrived until the time we left we felt very welcome and comfortable.
The B&B is extremely clean and nicely furnished with antique furniture.
Our breakfasts were simply wonderful. We enjoyed eggs Florentine with ham and fresh fruit (poached pears), our first morning. The second breakfast was Belgian waffle, fresh fruit topping and real maple syrup. Steve also served yummy sliced cooked apple.
To summarize:
Location - close to downtown and a very nice neighborhood.
Clean - Very!
Breakfasts - Simply wonderful.
Pricing - Favorable
Hosts - Very concerned about attention to detail and making sure their guests have an excellent experience.
When we return to Wooster we would not consider staying anywhere else.
Susie & Dave

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susie K
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Special thanks to fabulous chef/owner Steve Ellis and his lovely wife Susie of Mirabelle Bed and Breakfast for a “week-end to remember” in Wooster, Ohio! My husband and I enjoyed beautiful antique furniture and appointments at Mirabelle. Lively conversations with our hosts and other guests made us feel welcome and at-home. Wooster is delightful for a long week-end or even longer stay with many Amish and other attractions. We eagerly wait for Steve Ellis’ cook-book where he shares his many secrets for outstanding scrumptious Belgian waffles with blueberry sauce and tricks for keeping food warm while preparing the rest of the meal!

Room Tip: Special thanks to fabulous chef/owner Steve Ellis and his lovely wife Susie of Mirabelle Bed and Bre...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Judith N
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate her birthday. Steve and Susie were great hosts. The B & B is close to Wooster College, which is the home of the Ohio Light Opera. We loved our room and the town of Wooster. The purpose of the stay was to celebrate my wife's birthday. A great place to celebrate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elyrian
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My partner and I spent two nights in the Mozart Room while visiting family in Wooster. Mirabelle was at most a five-minute walk from my aunt and uncle's, in a very pleasant neighborhood. We felt quite safe walking around late at night after dark. The B&B is a gorgeous house with lovely gardens, a comfortable front porch, a second floor deck, and family-style living room and dining room. There is plenty of off-street parking. Our room was immaculate and well-furnished. The bed gave a great sleep, and the towels were scrumptious. Guests had access to a small refrigerator and an office with computer. Breakfast both mornings was delicious, and Steve and Susie were very accomodating to dietary preferences. Our hosts were very friendly and helpful, and we were impressed by how thoughtful and generous they were towards the other couple staying there for two weeks from Kenya, offering to take them sight-seeing in the Amish Country and to run errands with them. We would go back just to visit Steve and Susie and enjoy Mirabelle!

Room Tip: There are different sized rooms/suites available, as well as one on the groundfloor for those who ca...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Mirabelle while in town for an event at the College. If you need to be on campus, it's just 2 blocks away-- great location! Closer than the Wooster Inn!

The food was great, hosts were gracious and accommodating. We were set to arrive late in the evening and it was absolutely no problem for Steve. This was a relief as I can imagine that some innkeepers would not be so happy about a midnight arrival. The towels were luxurious and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a nice flat screen tv with loads of channels. AND they left a few bags of snacks in the room!

I don't recall the name of our room-- but it was the "suite" with the claw-foot tub. Now, if you're into baths, this may be the room for you. If you'd prefer a shower, you may want to consider one of the other rooms. The tub takes up a significant amount of space in the room (separated from the sleeping area by only a screen) and therefore leaves very little room for the actual bathroom, which has a toilet and shower. The result is that the shower is tiny. Like tiny, tiny. Unfortunately, without a major overhaul, there's probably not much to be done to remedy this issue.

The other negative about this particular room is that there's a square window right at the foot of the bed with no shade over it-- and at night the house has a spotlight on it... so it can be a little bright. Nothing a sleeping mask won't cure; but, it a small curtain or shade would go a long way to darken the room.

We really had a great visit and would certainly go back-- just maybe to another room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends