“Not a great experience”

C.W. Burgerstein
Ranked #22 of 109 Restaurants in Wooster
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A group of coworkers and I tried this place out for lunch while visiting OSU's Wooster campus. We were pleasantly surprised that there were many different options (all seemingly delicious) on the menu. While ordering, a coworker asked if a certain sandwich was cooked in butter (she has a dairy allergy). The waitress said she would make sure they did not put butter on it. Our food took nearly an HOUR - we weren't that large of a group - only 6 - and they weren't that busy since it was lunch. Once it arrived my coworker asked if the sandwich had butter on it, because the bread looked as if it had been soaked in the stuff. The waitress said she had specifically requested that it not be cooked in butter, then left. After taking a couple bites, of course my coworker knew that it had indeed been cooked in butter.... and lots of it. After about 5 minutes, our waitress comes back and says "I guess it was cooked in butter. Do you want another sandwich?" We waited another 30 minutes to receive a new sandwich for her. The manager came to our table during the time to ask how our meals were. My coworker explained the situation. The manager just turned and left...never offered an apology, never offered to pay for her meal. It was very, very odd. When we received our bills, her meal was still charged to her. She had to find the manager to ask that it be taken off. I don't think we'll be back to this place again!

There are newer reviews for C.W. Burgerstein

Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

The food is okay nothing that spectacular for the price . We sat on the patio the last time we were there and the flies was awful.if you like crab ragoons ger those.the pizza i had wasn't that good and my wife had a burger she said it was ok. The service was sloooooow and the waitress had 4 other tables and was struggling
We spent 50 dollars and it wasn't worth half of that swatting at flies and waiting on refills
Goto broken rocks or old jaol waaaayyy better

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We eat here often and it's always great. No better chicken wings anywhere. Also love the all-you-can-eat crab leg special each month. Cold Yuengling on tap...can't get any better. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I found this place while driving home from a road trip. Its about two hours from my hometown, and I tell everyone that its well worth the drive.

The food and service are always delicious.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

If you like your burgers done right this is the place. Fresh ingredients and one of the best hamburger buns we have ever had. Everything we have ever eaten here was excellent. Sort of a pub-like atmosphere and located under TJ's Restaurant they also have great fresh chicken sandwiches, steaks and salads. They even have some really good vegetarian items on the menu and the desserts are homemade.