“Gorgeous three-story Victorian with an Arts and Crafts feel...”
Review of Market Street Inn

Market Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Wooster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The service I experienced at the Market Street Inn was warm and accommodating. Jayne and Allan were approachable and professional hosts. I stayed in the beautifully serene Lincoln room. The bed, pillows and linens were clean and comfortable. Next time I go to the Market Street Inn, I will try to book a room with an ensuite bathroom...simply for the convenience. However the classic white bathrobes, provided by the Inn, made not having an ensuite bathroom tolerable :). What I liked best was the house itself...a gorgeous three-story Victorian with an Arts and Crafts feel. I also enjoyed the breakfast, both the service and the food! Lastly, the website for the Inn is well done…it is tasteful and accurate. From the website, I knew I was going to have a great Bed and Breakfast experience. I highly recommend the Market Street Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Delicious breakfast here, and a warm host and hostess. Our room's bathroom was down the hall but it was our own bathroom with a key. Air conditioning unit in room was hard to figure out and loud. Beds were just OK. Location was excellent -- between College of Wooster and downtown. Loved the ricotta-lemon pancakes and the yogurt with homemade granola was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Everything about our experience at the Market Street Inn was wonderful. I booked a room for my father and his girlfriend, and was able to check in early for them before picking them up at the airport. Jayne graciously met me and gave me a tour and the key, and I was envious I couldn't stay there myself. My father raved about how wonderful the breakfast was (which Jayne offered to serve them late because they had arrived on a late flight the night before), and about how beautiful the building and all the rooms are. As soon as they were back home, they called me asking about making a reservation for next year!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The Inn has everything you need for an enjoyable stay in Wooster. Location is great - can walk to several fantastic restaurants and downtown shops or enjoy a more robust trek through the COW campus. The house itself is gorgeous with many period details and is beautifully maintained without feeling too formal. Loved having the newspaper to read on the front porch first thing in the morning!

The breakfasts are absolutely delicious and quite large; consider splitting if not accustomed to a big meal at the beginning of each day. Else, plan to skip lunch.

The owners are most welcoming without being overbearing. Great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My fiance and I took in a show in Kent, Ohio and needed a place to spend the night before driving home to Columbus. We could not believe our luck in finding the Market Street Inn. Unfortunately we had to leave early the following day and could not try the famous ham cups for breakfast. Alan was a lovely and friendly host and we intend to visit again in the future. We stayed in the Lincoln room, which was positively darling, complete with an old fashioned looking skeleton key. The balcony off the room was a real treat. Thanks for a delightful stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colleen_stephen
Reviewed 22 July 2012

A variery of rooms was available to our 5-couple-group. Ours was small, but very comfortable. A delicious and hearty breakfast was served. Spacious, elegant down-stairs facilities were generously made available for our group's use.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We happened upon this lovely inn through Trip Advisor as we were driving back to Florida from our Great Lakes vacation. What a perfect evening!

Jayne is friendly and welcoming, and the house is comfortable as well as beautiful. We felt pampered and well cared for.

We stayed in The Lincoln which has a delightful sitting area in the round turret and from there we could look out onto the goings on on Market Street. I loved the feel of that spot.

The bed was comfortable, and there was an air conditioner since the summer heat was up to about 90 that day! We slept soundly and well. The rooms are nicely appointed with flat screen tvs, but we didn't turn ours on. The private bath was down the hall, but that wasn't a problem - and it was very comfortable with a great shower.

Jayne puts coffee and tea out for early risers which was a very nice touch.

Breakfast was fantastic! Homemade granola, scones, french toast, sausage, just wonderful and filled us up for the day! We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice!