“Excellent customer service, clean and affordable hotel”

Rodeway Inn Wooster
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed here several times while visiting my son at the College of Wooster. The manager, Chris, has been exceptionally helpful in a number of ways, such as calling me when a room was available during graduation weekend when the rooms fill quickly. The hotel is clean, well kept up, and quiet and I've never had a problem with anything. I appreciate that they didn't jack up the rates excessively during graduation weekend like the other hotels in the area.

2  Thank Mary W
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Mary W,

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor and for your recognition of our efforts to ensure a room for you for College of Wooster graduation. We greatly appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of the hotel as well. Graduation weekend, while a happy event, always leaves us somewhat wistful as we will miss all the wonderful people, like yourself, who have chosen to stay with us over the past four years. Thanks for doing so and thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Not easy to locate but their signs were good. We've been lost in Wooster before.
This property is completely renovated & a fine job they did. Our room was excellent.
We had a quiet stay on a very stormy night. Desk clerk was very nice. And price was economical.
We'll be back!

3  Thank Sue H
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

SUEofMich,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your stay with us and for your generous comments. We're pleased we could be your "port in the storm" and that you found the accommodations so excellent and quiet despite the crazy weather. Sorry you had trouble finding us but glad the signs helped. Wooster is a quaint and beautiful community but can be very hard to navigate. We look forward to your next visit and another great night!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My mom and I decided to take a weekend trip to Amish country and I read reviews on different motels and finally ended up choosing this one based on the information I read....It was one of the best decisions I've ever made on choosing a motel! A lot of the reviews mentioned Chris, the manager, and how kind and helpful he was.....they are absolutely right! As a matter of fact, everyone that worked at the desk was very polite and helpful. Our room was on the lower level, which I had requested due to my mom having knee problems, and it was so nice and clean and roomy! The indoor pool area is very nice. I didn't use the pool, but the hottub felt wonderful!
As for the breakfast, everything I had was delicious, especially the waffles! Hard-boiled eggs, toast, bagels, sweet rolls, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, apples.....enough to fill you up! Mom and I went shopping in Berlin, about 20 minutes away, and Millersburg, about 35 minutes away. It was so much fun! The restaurants we tried were good. One was Cindy's Diner in Berlin, and the other was The Grande Ranch which was very close to our motel.
I am planning another trip to Amish country in August with my best friend, and I will definitely book this motel again...no doubt about it! My mom and I plan to make this an annual trip as well. Thank you, Chris, and the rest of the staff for making our trip so enjoyable!

1  Thank BeachLover72113
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

KenDeb2013,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review of your stay with us! We are humbled and pleased to know that we were able to live up to your expectations. Your wonderfully descriptive review is so beneficial to your fellow travelers. We're so glad you enjoyed our breakfast and spa, as well as your experience at the locally owned and operated Grande Ranch. We look forward to your next visit in August with your friend and to many more annual visits with your mom.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have always been leery of Roadway Inns. Not anymore, at least not the Wooster, Oh location. The room was clean, the staff is friendly, and the price was reasonable. The pool area looked very nice and clean. Definitely will consider Roadway Inn Wooster again.

Room Tip: The reason for average on sleep quality is that the king beds are very firm.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

MyrtleLovers,

We are so glad you took a chance on us and found your stay so pleasing! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your kind words. Here's hoping that this is the first of many more visits.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I try to read reviews every time I book a place and the ones I read on this hotel were that the staff was very kind and the entire place was clean. It lived up to everything. The room was very large and very well appointed, very clean with enough towels and washcloths, the beds were comfortable and I slept peacefully, and the pool area was sparkling! Enjoyed the hot tub too. I will be back to this hotel from now on when I visit Amish country. Very, very impressed and would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We had first floor near the pool and the exit and it worked well for my mother in law, she didn'...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

WvTinkerbell,

We can't thank you enough for the many kind comments you shared here on TripAdvisor and we're so pleased you and your family enjoyed your visit. We hope this will be just the first of many stays at our hotel when you return to visit Amish Country.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I took a getaway for our anniversary and we chose this hotel based on cost. Turns out, it was a good choice. Sure, the property is showing some wear and tear, but it is clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast was sufficient, and the pool area was clean and comfortable. I would stay there again, and probably will! Our room had a few little issues, like a bad clock radio, but nothing that compromised our ability to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Matthew W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you chose us and enjoyed your getaway, and we wish you a Happy Anniversary! Thank you for your kind comments and for bringing to our attention the clock radio in your room. We're only sorry it wasn't taken care of prior to your arrival. We hope you'll choose to stay with us on your next getaway.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My first review was removed for some strange odd reason. I gave a good review because it was a nice place. It was clean and we used the pool which was great. Customer service was okay. We (family of 4) were there for Hall of Fame weekend (2013) in Canton. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 4realguy
Chris L, Front Office Manager at Rodeway Inn Wooster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

4realguy,

We greatly appreciate your perseverance in posting your TripAdvisor review as well as your recommendation. We're pleased you found your stay so satisfactory and hope you'll visit again soon. Maybe we'll see you for this year's Hall of Fame ceremonies?

Kind Regards,

Front Desk Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Days Inn Wooster
20 mi away
The Wallhouse Hotel
The Wallhouse Hotel
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek

Been to Rodeway Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!