“Great hotel, best in Wooster.”

Hilton Garden Inn Wooster
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wooster
Reviewed 20 January 2011

This is the best hotel to stay at in Wooster. The next best being the Hampton Inn. Any other hotel other than these two are disgusting! The hotel is about five minutes away from downtown, where you can find locally owned restaurants and shops. If you want to eat at a chain; applebee's, longhorn and so on, those are all located about ten to fifteen minutes away. This is a great place to stay if you are visiting Amish country which is about tweny minutes away. The breakfast is amazing, and priced well too! $8.95 for a MADE TO ORDER ALL YOU CAN EAT breakfast. This includes anything from pancakes, french toast, waffles, omlets, sausage, bacon, muffins, danishes, patatoes and many more items. Children is half price. You can't even eat at Bob Evans for that price. I also want to add that although the rate is high there are good reasons for it. You will not find any bed bugs or nasty little critters anywhere. If you pay less, you get less. One week they were sold out and I had to stay at the Best Western which is cheaper and they had bed bugs and the hotel was very run down. I asked the staff at the Hilton Garden how often they spray for bugs, and they do it monthly. Which is very comforting to know! The price is just perfect for what the hotel has to offer. They have an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, fitness room and laundry room on site and their very own restaurant, that is open for breakfast lunch and dinner. Since I travel on business mostly, they have a nice business center with pretty much everyting you may need. The only thing they don't have is a scanner which at one point I needed. Some of the staff are very nice and try to meet every request, whereas others are not so friendly (but that's to be expected anywhere). Also my favorite thing is their king rooms all have sleep system beds that are VERY comfortable!! I stay quite a bit and they recently just added flat screen tv's to every room!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bustrv49

Reviewed 20 November 2010

I've been coming to Wooster for a construction project for past 2 months 2x week. I decided to try this HGI out. Nothing bad occured, but nothing stood out either. The hotel looks to be fairly new although I noticed many items throughout the hotel that were showing their age.
As others have noted, there really isn't much around.
I'll go back to staying at Hampton Inn next week.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2010

The hotel was nice and clean. Depending on what you are doing in the area the location may not be the most convenient. The food there was expensive, but I didn't try to give a review on it. There is a newer, fairly large gas station right next door to get any essentials you may need.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed here for business in October 2010 - I thought the staff were very accommodating, the rooms were clean, the sundry shop was fantastic considering I arrived late (and this hotel is in the middle of no where, it's true. However, Wooster is rather small so it's to be expected). My company uses this hotel any time there are conferences and there is generally great reviews! The continental breakfast in the morning was fantastic, there were a ton of options. The only thing, which didn't actually bother me, was that my room was next to an exterior exit door and it was very loud. I could hear every time someone went in or out. Again, it didn't bother me but it's something to be aware of.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I am chairman of the 555th Honors Detachment in Wooster OH. The 555th provides Military last rites at Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery. One week of services are provided every seven weeks. Prior to our duty week , a planning dinner meeting is held. The Hilton Garden Inn Wooster has been providing their facilities for this meeting for the past 4 or 5 years. I would give the Hilton a "five star" overall rating for this service. This would include cleanliness, food, service, friendly personnel, and competitive pricing. Management is always willing to work with our ever increasing numbers.
In July of 2010 My son, an executive for one of the USA top industries, and his wife come to visit. We arranged for their stay at the Hilton in Wooster. He has traveled all over the world for his company. Both him and his wife remarked that the Wooster Hilton was equal to or far surperior to any hotel that they had stayed in during their many travels. To hear this from my son was truly amazing, he has never been one to give much praise.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide feed back for the Hilton Garden Inn Wooster.
Elton D. Boyer, Pres. 555th Honors Det.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Nice hotel but the staff is not attentive. They have a "I don't care attitude.". As a long time Hilton Honors member with lots a stays, I wasn't able to get anything for my loyalty. Worst staff I have seen in years.

2  Thank Charles912
Reviewed 10 July 2010

For anyone staying in Wooster, Ohio avoid this hotel. There aren't very many options in the area but by all means if service means anything to you do not consider staying there. First of all the maids are absolutly the rudest bunch you will ever come across, we were told by one that she "wasn't paid to sit around and wait for us", the morning manager waited until we had checked out and paid for the room to harrass us at the breakfast table about an issue with the towels - which by the way $8.00 for a continental breakfast? No one was polite or considerate - or even helpful, the front desk people apparently do not know how to smile and on the fourth day of being there when we lost our room key they asked for i.d. The last morning of our trip we called to see if they were still serving breakfast, even though it was 10:30 am and the brochure says breakfast stops at 11:00 they told us they had turned the stoves off and didn't want to turn them back on. I would never consider returning to this hotel, to make things worse we were there for a wedding and had reserved 8 rooms bringing the end total to $5,000 in 4 days at the hotel and they still couldn't even muster a fake smile or the descency of taking issue with us about the towels at the front desk when we had paid for the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank RHonor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wooster
Hampton Inn Wooster by Hilton
Berlin Resort
Berlin Resort
#3 of 5 in Berlin
Comfort Suites Berlin Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Wooster? Share your experiences!