“Worst restaurant experience ever!”

Wild Ginger China Bistro
Ranked #69 of 107 Restaurants in Wooster
Cuisines: Chinese
Millersburg, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaurant experience ever!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We live 30 minutes away, and last night decided we'd go there for dinner. Our two daughters wanted to try it, and though I don't particularly like Asian food, I figured I could order something "American" while they enjoyed the Asian cuisine.
After being seated, we were greeted by a fairly friendly server and drink orders taken. A short while later, the drinks arrived and my youngest daughter (11) had a small spider in her water glass. Server apolagized and brought a fresh glass. When the same daughter opened her wrapped silverware, her knife was still very dirty with dried food.
My wife and daughters ordered off of the Asian menu, and I ordered a Kobe cheeseburger with "crispy" fries. Approx 10 minutes after taking our order she came back and said they are out of the Kobe burger, they only have the small burger off of the children's menu. Their American menu is very limited, so I said that's fine, I'll take the small one. Approx. 10 minutes later, she came back and said they don't have the small burger after all, but they did find a Kobe burger, if that was ok. Of course I said yes. We were in the restaurant for one hour and ten minutes, when our dinners arrived (5 other tables). My "crispy" fries were the most uncrispy I had ever seen. They were almost white and very soft. I asked the server if she could take them back and have them make them crispier. She grabbed a play off a table and while we were trying to transfer from my plate to her plate' she asked if its ok if she touches the fries with her hands.
After taking the fries, we ate our food (burger was very well done but had good flavor). After we were all done and hadn't seen our server since she took my French fries, I got up and went to the bar to ask someone for our check. They went and told her. When the server came out with our check, she brought the fries along out and asked if we wanted them boxed. She went over to the register to cash us out and asked if everything was ok. I told her I'd be lying if I said yes, and mentioned some of the things that went wrong. She said she knows the fries took really long. There was no effort to make anything right or referring me to a manager. Se charged us full ($65), I paid and left. I will never ever go back to this place again.

• Visited August 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great food, horrible atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I live in the area and decided to try Wild Ginger for the first time. The food was pretty good - my husband got the orange chicken dinner entree, and I ordered sushi. The prices were a little high, but not any worse than other local restaurants. The worst part about the place was the atmosphere. The outside of the building looks great, but inside is a different story. The entry-way was cluttered and messy - half full water pitchers, straw wrappers strewn about the area behind the welcome station, etc. The interior is in serious need of some TLC. The walls are dinging up/skuffed, furniture shows obvious signs of wear and tear, and the floor wasn't very clean. Overall, I was happy with our meal, but the decor would actually make me think twice about coming back and just opting for our local Chinese take-out place.

• Visited June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Wonderful local restaurant”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This restaurant was recommend by a local who had eaten there several times. The food was very good. Loved the hot and sour soup. I will definitely return when in the area.

• Visited July 2013
“Wooster Gem, Love this place and their Sushi.”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

When I come to Wooster( about once a month), I start to crave this place.
They have managed to take some of the prettiest sushi I have ever seen and incorporate it into a casual atmosphere.
The first time I are here I thought it was a chain because it has a expensive look to it. My friends told me it is a local family.
If you love sushi, stop looking, this is your Wooster sushi stop. Very reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2013
Wooster, Ohio, United States
“Always consistently good food”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I've never had a bad meal here. They have carried on well the tradition of their parents. The wonton soup is still the best I've had in all the Chinese restaurants I've eaten in. Also excellent Moo Goo gai pan. Veggies are always fresh and delicious--never overcooked .

Visited November 2012