“Reasonably Priced Greek and Italian Food”

Matsos Greek Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 108 Restaurants in Wooster
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza, Greek
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“Reasonably Priced Greek and Italian Food”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Matsos is located in downtown Wooster, Ohio. You will enjoy great Greek and Italian food at very reasonable prices. Many of the entrées come with a choice of Greek or tossed salad. I like the Greek salad with the house dressing. The lasagna is delicious. There is a nice friendly atmosphere in this small, family-owned restaurant.

• Visited November 2013

Tahoe, CA
“Fun and Historic”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Matso's is a dump. A fun, entertaining, well-run dump. They happen to have good, cheap sorta-Greek food. Make that: Greek Pub Food. The joynt is a monument to the Ohio Light Opera (the owner performs in many of their productions every year). If you don't mind rickety and funky, you'll love this place

Visited August 2013
“Great food!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a friends suggestion and so glad we did! The pizza with kalamata olives was divine and the salad with homemade Greek dressing superb! My husband loved his gyro. The place is kitschy and well loved. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
Cincinnati
“Matsos Greek Restaurant-- mostly good, only a little disappointing”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stopped in to Matsos for lunch on a weekday. The place was not especially crowded. I was greeted quickly, and shown a booth right away. I went to the bathroom prior to sitting with no hassles. The menu here is lengthy and diverse-- sandwiches, dinners, pasta and pizza. I wanted to try a few things, but opted for the one dish that marks a fine Greek establishment in my book-- the gyro. I got the lunch special gyro that comes with a nice side salad. The salad was excellent-- tangy dressing (and lots of it) over peppers, lettuce and tomatoes with a nice amount of crumbled feta. I enjoyed this salad a lot. I even got some pita for sopping up the remaining dressing. Here is what I didn't like-- the gyro meat was the pre-made kind, not cut from the larger hunk spinning on the spit; they put shredded cheese on it; they put a HUGE amount of iceberg lettuce on it and their tzatziki seemed to be ranch dressing. That said, however, the gyro was good-- the meat spicy; the tomatoes fresh and the pita soft and warm.

I enjoyed my visit here. There is plenty of seating. There are many pictures that are interesting enough to make me wonder a bit about the family that owns the place. I thought service was just attentive enough-- not hovering, but not ignoring either. It looked like a place for casual dinner or even a larger group.

If I lived in Wooster, I'd be a regular here. I'd probably not always get the gyro though.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bookstax
Wooster, Ohio
“charged us to use bathroom.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Was astounded to see that as street fair was going on, my young daughter needed to go to the bathroom. We went inside and politey asked to make any exception to the rule they could. We were told we would have to make a purchase to go to the bathroom. Terrible.

Visited September 2012