“Delightful Farm-to-Table”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a very comfortable and friendly restaurant with an interesting menu, very good food and friendly service. I go there every time I am in Wooster - It's my favorite!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

With one vegan, one vegetarian and one meat and potatoes guy finding good optinos are limiting. South Market Bistro rocked it!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We sat at the bar for cocktails and appetizers.
We wish we had stayed for dinner. The kitchen was buzzing. The aroma of duck noodle soup was intoxicating.
The zucchini and ricotta "fritter" was excellent.
We had dinner reservations across the street and had an awful meal. Next time we will spend our time and money at the South Market Bistro. I understand they are soon to change their name. I commend the chef on excellent and innovative preparations.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is our fifth visit to SMB. We've dined under two different owners. We'll go back again and again.
Three of the four of us chose from the fish selections: tuna done to a rare perfection and the most succulent scallops I've probably ever had. The fourth diner had a pork dish with samples of pork prepared different ways with the proper accompaniments.

While all of the salads were very good, an outstanding one featured roasted romaine lettuce as the base of the Caesar Salad. The combination of the textures and flavors made it memorable.

There is literally only one thing that I would recommend. When training the wait staff...NEVER...remove a diner's plate until EVERYONE at the table has finished eating.

Four of us shared a rich creamy lemon tart for dessert.

While it is a LONG drive to Wooster, the absolute MUST on every visit is dining at SMB.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We've dined in many major cities at very nice establishments. We happened upon this quaint little restaurant when making a brief visit to Wooster. Food, service, and wine pairing were exceptional! Plan on another trip soon, just for dinner.