“Meh.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
South FL
“Meh.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Easy access from I-270. Property abuts a McDonald's. Neighborhood is nicely maintained (Dr. offices, Walgreen's, etc. nearby). Motel style, with entry door from the parking lot. Very "no frills", with the hideous dark floral patterned poly blend bed spreads that give you nightmares if you've seen the 20/20 Black Light Expose. Ground floor room was small, dark, and not updated, although there was a microwave and a mini-fridge inside.

Booked online and paid in advance ... when we checked in, a walk-in traveler at the counter paid $15 less. "/ Slept fine. Was just a place to crash for a few hours.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leetonia, Ohio
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I am a single traveling woman. So when I book a hotel room, I tend to be very picky. I decided to give the Econolodge a chance because after driving through Worthington a few times I noticed that most places seem to be about the same. While the building itself looks very old, I was pleasantly surprised by how clean my room was. The bathroom was clean, but the room did have an odd smell, almost like urine but not quite that strong. After running the very noisy air conditioner for about 45 minutes, the smell seemed to go away. My room also came equipped with a microwave and fridge. I feel that the area is safe, as all I can really see around me are doctors offices and restaurants. You can walk through the parking lot to many restaurants. Overall, as long as you're not expecting 5 stars, you should be okay. When I asked about breakfast, the clerk pointed to a 1 foot area of counterspace that was available. I am pretty sure I will not be eating breakfast here, but I am still satisfied with the rate I paid for the room I got.

• Stayed October 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked through Priceline sight unseen, upon arrival my wife called me crying. She was very upset about the hotel and area -she felt unsafe. This was from the outside, she dicided to go in and check it out anyway. she called me back after seeing the room, it was a nasty smelling room & she was afraid she might get bugs. Needless to say, I had to book her into another hotel. I talked to Priceline about the situation, they called the EconoLodge on Wilson Bridge Rd. In Worthington OH. Between Priceline & the hotel I had a crazy 45 min conversation that made no sense, first they tried to tell me my wife was at the wrong econolodge it got stranger from there.
To the bottomline, Priceline dosent stand behind there product & the Worthington Econolodge should not be booked sight unseen. Also, They keep your money if you dont stay... Traveler Beware!

Room Tip: Look at the room before you give them your credit card. NO REFUNDS if you dont stay!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob M

Travellers are raving about these Worthington hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This Econo Lodge is a few blocks south of the I-270 beltway in Worthington, OH. It is a very quiet and safe area. We got a 2nd floor room and as there is no elevator, lugged our stuff up a flight of stairs. The room was small but very clean; there was a microwave and mini-fridge but no in-room coffeemaker. All of that is well and good, but the big issue was the air conditioner: it was so loud that it sounded almost like I might imagine the Battle of Armageddon might sound! Loud, grating, throbbing, and unacceptable. We could not get to sleep with it on so we had to turn it off and sleep with it being uncomfortably warm in the room all night. But the price was great, and if you don't mind listening to a jet engine next to you, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed 16 May 2013

While looking for a room, for one night, near the Ross Hospital in Columbus, I found the Econo
Lodge in Worthington. I read the reviews before booking a room, and decided to take a chance
I found the room to be very clean. The bed was brand new, color TV with seventy channels, a
fridge and micro, ironing board and iron. Everything looked ans smelled new!
So to those who didn't like this place, spend three times more and stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
US
Reviewed 6 April 2013

When shopping for $50 hotel rooms, you have to be realistic. The basic criteria is is it clean, is it safe, and is it convenient, and this hotel meets all three. It is a small, older hotel that has been there since before the more recent development in the area took place. It has two levels and no extra frills like pools or gyms. I stayed in a 2-bed (four person) room, and my room did have both a microwave and mini-fridge. The location is great - it is within one block of the I-70 exit, is right in the middle of Worthington which is an upper-middle class area, and is nearby to Kroger (grocery store) and an interesting small but upscale mall that has no anchors - just shops like Jos. A. Bank, Talbots, etc. Starbucks and Buca di Beppo are directly in front of the hotel. There are other, newer chain hotels nearby, so why is this half the cost of the others? It's old, that's it. It looks like it hasn't had an overhaul since the early 1990s. Some things were newer, like the bathroom vanity, but other things had been there for quite a while, like the tube TV and telephone. But the room was spotless, the woman at the front desk was pleasant, and I had no concerns about safety. It does include a continental breakfast which encompasses toast, bagels, muffins, and orange and apple juices. Bottom line, you could pay $50 here, or $100 at a larger hotel next door, or $50 at one of the larger chains nearby off Dublin-Granville Road where there are groups of sketchy characters walking around the gas stations and check cashing places over that way. Me? I thought the price was right for what I got. No worries, small bill, convenient location, clean room, good service. Would stay again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Second floor opens to an inside hallway, first floor opens to parking lot.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Austin TX
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We booked a room three weeks ahead for a king bed, using points from our Choice Privileges account. When we arrived, we were assigned a room and hauled our suitcases upstairs. I was already leery of the place since an exterior door was tied open, meaning security was reduced. The hallways were very dark.

We found a queen bed in a very small room. We went downstairs with a copy of our reservation and the woman at the desk said they didn't have king beds, period. She blamed the Choice Hotels website for the foul up. She did agree to return our points and cancel the reservation. I called Choice and got a reservation at another motel in Columbus.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BabsinTX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Motel 6 Columbus - Worthington I-270 High St
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!