“looking for a cheap room thats perfect ..here it is”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I decided at the last minute to pack up the family and go to Columbus zoo well since it was a last minute idea I was very limited on getting two rooms in this area..I am not a big fan of Econo Lodge but this was about all I could find so I thought I would try it...I am glad I did..when I arrived early afternoon both rooms were ready with AC on...the rooms are small and basic this is not the Hampton Inn by no means but the rooms were priced great and I can honestly say they were both as clean as any high end motel Ive stayed in...old tv but worked great,bed was not the best but not the worst either AC worked great,wifi worked great.bathroom and shower were spotless..carpet clean ..sheets clean and lady at check in and check out was very friendly...If your looking for a clean cheap no frills room this is it...I am glad I stayed here it has give me a different opinion of Econo Lodge ...Im glad I found this place and would return if ever in the area again..If your looking for a romantic getaway this is not the place but if you want a basic clean room that is not overpriced this is it...

Room Tip: I assume they all are descent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank teamster175

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I hated it!!! The room wasn't clean, the floor was dirty. At the desk, the owners weren't that friendly. When I asked for a trashbag, I was asked, 'Now?' I hated my stay there and will never stay there again..the room was small too.

Room Tip: $5.00 for a tip, I didn't even think it was worth that!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had another great stay here. Room has always been very clean and the shower is great. Breakfast is very little but you have a mcdonalds and Starbucks next door. The hotel is in a great location and with in minutes of casinos, zoo, and Polaris mall. We will definately be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Your expectations need to be in check...this is a $50/night hotel...but for the price I feel it can't be beat! It was clean, quiet/safe neighborhood, good shower, reasonably comfortable bed, cable TV...and it shares a parking lot with Starbucks (bonus!). My mom and I were in town for Equine Affaire and as two women traveling alone, safety is very important to us and this hotel delivered. We've stayed at several other hotels in the Columbus area and honestly have not felt safe. If you are looking for a basic hotel, in a safe area, for a good value with easy access to 71 I would definitely recommend this hotel. I know this will be our "Equine Affaire hotel" from now on!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cortkal
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Easy access from I-270. Property abuts a McDonald's. Neighborhood is nicely maintained (Dr. offices, Walgreen's, etc. nearby). Motel style, with entry door from the parking lot. Very "no frills", with the hideous dark floral patterned poly blend bed spreads that give you nightmares if you've seen the 20/20 Black Light Expose. Ground floor room was small, dark, and not updated, although there was a microwave and a mini-fridge inside.

Booked online and paid in advance ... when we checked in, a walk-in traveler at the counter paid $15 less. "/ Slept fine. Was just a place to crash for a few hours.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I am a single traveling woman. So when I book a hotel room, I tend to be very picky. I decided to give the Econolodge a chance because after driving through Worthington a few times I noticed that most places seem to be about the same. While the building itself looks very old, I was pleasantly surprised by how clean my room was. The bathroom was clean, but the room did have an odd smell, almost like urine but not quite that strong. After running the very noisy air conditioner for about 45 minutes, the smell seemed to go away. My room also came equipped with a microwave and fridge. I feel that the area is safe, as all I can really see around me are doctors offices and restaurants. You can walk through the parking lot to many restaurants. Overall, as long as you're not expecting 5 stars, you should be okay. When I asked about breakfast, the clerk pointed to a 1 foot area of counterspace that was available. I am pretty sure I will not be eating breakfast here, but I am still satisfied with the rate I paid for the room I got.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked through Priceline sight unseen, upon arrival my wife called me crying. She was very upset about the hotel and area -she felt unsafe. This was from the outside, she dicided to go in and check it out anyway. she called me back after seeing the room, it was a nasty smelling room & she was afraid she might get bugs. Needless to say, I had to book her into another hotel. I talked to Priceline about the situation, they called the EconoLodge on Wilson Bridge Rd. In Worthington OH. Between Priceline & the hotel I had a crazy 45 min conversation that made no sense, first they tried to tell me my wife was at the wrong econolodge it got stranger from there.
To the bottomline, Priceline dosent stand behind there product & the Worthington Econolodge should not be booked sight unseen. Also, They keep your money if you dont stay... Traveler Beware!

Room Tip: Look at the room before you give them your credit card. NO REFUNDS if you dont stay!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Motel 6 Columbus - Worthington I-270 High St
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Residence Inn Columbus Worthington

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!