“Avoid this hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
FL
“Avoid this hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were shuffled from an overbooked hotel to this no frills Holiday Inn. Creepy front desk clerk offered no help for use of the only microwave oven in the hotel (in the clerk's kitchen), they put us into a room that hadn't been made up at 1:00am with no maid service, switched us into a room with one bed - we are 3 people! We couldn't wait to get out in the morning and there was nothing to keep us - no breakfast, which in this area, it is typical to have a full free breakfast. Not even a free coffee. Don't get suckered into staying here, there are many better choices in nearby Dublin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MisterMcGregor
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear MisterMcGregor,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay and apologize that our hotel staff, housekeeping service and room accommodations fell below your expectations. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

convenient to all sites such as ohio state,zoo,shopping areas,restaurants, all amenities in hotel were very convenient.the staff was very friendly and went went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

you park and every thing you want or need is there. great for kids and or meeting grand kids.
close to every thing.zoo,water parks, shopping. extremely .clean rooms the hotel is layed out
like a hand your rooms are the fingers all hallways lead to your palm which is the main lobby,
restraint,excerise room pool

Room Tip: rooms on west side are quieter and closer to the pool and the restruant
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

The room we were assigned was already occupied. Kind of embarassing to wake a poor soul late b/c of the hotel's reservation system (or lack thereof). The room we eventually got had a pull out sofa bed that didn't have enough clearance to completely fold out. At least they bought us breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank acadiatraveller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear acadiatraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and for any confusion regarding your reservation. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel bases on trip advisor ratings and miles we had available from a credit card. Based on the miles we could stay free for two nights. We'd stay again and pay! Location was wonderful for little jaunts around Columbus, a grocery and small mall across the street came on handy. Extremely clean room, including bath. As other reviews mentioned the layout is a little odd based on floor levels, but front desk explained at check in and it really wasn't that tough to figure out. Only negative was the cafe. Attempted to eat late night dinner there, and they had only one employee to cover the bar and a half dozen tables of diners. We walked across the street and ordered Chinese. Pool is small, was crowded first night as many families were enjoying it, but we had it to ourselves the next evening. It was clean and enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2013
Brook Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

After reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much but we were very pleased with this hotel. It is an older property but very well maintained and the room was exceptionally CLEAN. The hotel does have an unusual lay-out but the Front Desk Agent gave us a useful map of the hotel and specific instructions which was helpful. The gentleman hosting in the Restaurant on Saturday Morning (on 7/6) was very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Get a map of the property.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel for 2 nights last week. I chose this hotel because they listed rooms with a Sleep number bed and my wife and I wanted to try one. To my great displeasure, when we got to the first room assigned, it did not have the Sleep Number Bed. I called the desk and was told that they no longer offer those as an option. Strange since at this moment, they are still listed on the reservation site. At that point, I requested a change to a room closer to the handicapped entrance since the only elevator is at the far western end of the hotel and our assigned room was at the other end of the hotel. My wife had bad knees and climbing steps is difficult for her. The desk said they could make the change and a young man met me at the room and we proceeded to the new room. The new room was very close to the entrance and I accepted the change even though the new room did not have a refrigerator. That was also an annoyance, but I felt we could make do with ice since the ice machine was located by the entrance doors. Then I went to get ice and the ice machine didn't do anything. Checking, it appeared that I would have to make my way to the second floor lobby area to get ice, and I was not in the mood to do that trek. The bed was not the worst I have ever encountered, but it was not a comfortable bed and I was glad it was only two nights. I will state that the room was neat and clean and the portions of the hotel we were in though old were also clean. The staff we had contact with were pleasant and accommodating, but this is an old tired hotel. All in all, there are more modern hotels in this area and I do not see myself staying here again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is one.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear billnjax,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Jaime W
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#46 of 143 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!