“Fairly nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Fairly nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is an older hotel, but well maintained. I was very happy with the color schemes, a homey feel after most hotels have gone with the 'modern' look of steel and black. There were some concerns about safety and cleanliness, which I'll address in a moment, but for the most part, we'd stay here again. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the general access areas appeared to be very clean. We did find dirty kleenex in our room under the curtains, and hair on our towels, but otherwise everything seemed clean and fresh. I was pleasantly surprised to see Bath and Body Works toiletries, and the breakfast was not only affordable, but enjoyable.
We did have an ice storm the day we stayed, and I was dismayed to see that the sidewalks hadn't been treated... we almost slipped multiple times as we were leaving. In addition, I saw no cameras on the property, and several smuggled-in dogs. One side access door was propped open, which concerned me. Otherwise, our trip was enjoyable. I do recommend bringing ear plugs if you're anything but a heavy sleeper, as the walls are exceptionally thin.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tricera22
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. We are glad you enjoyed the room amenities and Connections Cafe for your meals. I do want to apologize for the issues you mentioned regarding safety and security. It is something we take very seriously here, and was addressed immediately. We appreciate the feedback as it allows us to improve our service levels for all of our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to host you again when your travels bring you back into the Worthington area.

Eric Cybulski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We are from Canada and spent a great deal of time driving on a stormy day. We arrived to Columbus Holiday Inn. We always stay with Holiday Inn and rave of the excellent service. This evening was not the same.
We called from our truck 30 minutes before arrival, they told us there was no king beds. We called back in 10 minutes and the fella said there was a handicapped room available. We took it. Big mistake. I work with physically challenged adults and there is no way I could support them in this room. It was small and the doors were not in the right direction to accommodate them. They gave us a room at 7 pm. I think it should have been left for anyone with challenges (even though is was not accommodating for them) The room was extremely small, the chair was broken, the room was very musty smelling, we ordered a meal for our room and they did not have what we wanted. I am not sure what and why this Holiday Inn was different from the others but we are not hard to please and I can assure you this is not one of them to stay at. I do NOT recommend this Holiday Inn to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick W
cybulski, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Rick W,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. Our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I am sharing your input with our team to ensure that improvements are made in our service and product. I will address the room odor and broken chair comments with our housekeeping and maintenance departments as well as review our ADA rooms. Please know that this is not indicative of how we approach guest satisfaction at our hotel. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back to the Columbus area. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Eric Cybulski
Holiday Inn Worthington
Valley City, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hotel was very nice. Spread out in an interesting layout. Used by airlines on a regular basis. Rooms were better than average in size. Mine was bordering a hallway and had an original red brick wall on one end. Heat/Air system was not very responsive....temperature settings did not resemble actual temps in room.

Other than one individual at the front desk, the staff was friendly.

Check in was 4:00pm and they pretty much stuck to that.

On site resturant was very nice and helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for room near handicap door. Some entrances require walking to opposite end to find elevator or...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Jim T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note your positive feedback on our on-site restaurant and friendly hotel staff. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. However, I am sorry that our room accommodations did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Hubbard, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

This property is interesting. The hotel seems to be an older one that has been updated and added onto several times. The building is situated on a hillside, making some of the floors partial ones that you can only get to through the use of certain elevators or entrances. Overall the stay was good and the room was updated and clean. The food in the main restaurant is good and the banquet facilities are very nice with good service and good food. Overall my stay was comfortable and quiet.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor if you're attending a conference.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location as there are many dining choices within walking distance. The hotel, on the other hand is old school Holiday Inn. It needs updating. My room was clean and had a king bed that was comfortable, however the in room fridge didn't work and in the middle of the night the HVAC started pumping out cold air. I discovered this when I woke up freezing. I was able to shut the system off and restart. Not sure what caused it to malfunction but it was 2am and I wasn't going to ask for assistance or a room change.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear PHX_Travel_Guys,

Krysllin G.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've stayed here at least a dozen times over the last ten years, and sadly it gets a little worse every time.
To be clear, the hotel is still clean, safe, and decently run. However, the details keep getting sloppier and sloppier.

The location-
I think the location is solid. It is on the north side of C-Bus in the upscale town of Worthington. It is easy to get on I 270, 315, or 71. There are a few places to go within walking distance including a couple of good restaurants. The charming downtown square of Worthington is probably about a mile away.

The rooms-
Decent, but starting to get dated. This place went through a major renovation probably 9 or 10 years ago and really hasn't done anything since then. The bathroom was clean but small.
the office chair was broken- it looked to be hyperextended. The cleaning details were weird- for some reason all of the drawers were open. Also, the toilet had an ultraslow leak so every few hours it would noisily refill

The fitness-
This was a pleasant surprise as it has been updated and expanded recently. Thanks!
Also, there are a couple of nice routes to run outside.

The service-
Way down. They acknowledged my platinum status, but then there were absolutely zero benefits. no upgraded room, no breakfast, no snack bag, not even a drink coupon. Very disappointing.

All in all it certainly isn't terrible, but there are a ton of great competitiors across the highway that have all stepped their game up. This property has just stagnated.

Room Tip: The second floor is really the main level. Floor 1 could seem a bit like a basement. Other than th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TDbusiness
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear TDbusiness,

We would like to thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for your review. We apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate you calling out the good quality of our gym and our great location. While we are pleased with the good comments, we truly value the not so good comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we already do. We will address these points with our staff and we hope that when you return you will see the improvements that have been made. Thank you again for your review. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Bel Air, Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We booked this facility, as there was a conference there we were attending. I knew the reviews were +/-, but it was convenient. I called to make the booking, as I wanted to be sure I had no stairs to climb. The person I spoke with was lovely and 100% accommodating. We found the hotel to be very clean and generally updated. OK, the layout was a bit weird, but we did not spend our day walking around the building! Our room was clean and modern with a flat screen TV, easy access/strong wifi, fridge, coffee service, a very comfy bed with lots of pillows and ice/soda machine right down the hall. We found the front desk staff to be fine...they were not our best friends but took care of any questions/issues we had. At first, the key card did not work, but they re programmed it. The hairdryer came off the wall bracket, but that was fixed in a snap as well. The gentleman who set up the conference room was extremely helpful and friendly. We ate dinner in the restaurant; about 7pm. There was only 1 person working, a very friendly and efficient older man. My husband and I shared french onion soup and a bagel reuben. While not exceptional, they were both served hot and were good. Overall, I would consider this a fine place to stay; not high end, but clean, modern, well located and fairly priced. It is within walking distance from shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#46 of 143 in Columbus
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Courtyard Columbus Worthington

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!