“Average Hotel”

Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Rooms are fairly sized with microwave, refer, and coffee pot. Most rooms need a face lift. I say this because I have for the last ten years at least once a month, stayed there for business.
Breakfast is okay but not worth the price. I walk over to local convenient store where there is a better selection of coffee and healthier food choices, less for the price.
Call ahead for the complimentary shuttle. Takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the airport. If late, expect to take a taxi so plan ahead.
Kroger grocery store and a boutique mall across the hotel.
Staff is pleasant and helpful.
Business center is okay. Internet speed is on the mediocre side.
There is a pool and a fitness room which is good and works.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dale F
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Dale360,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal guest at the Holiday Inn Worthington for the past 10 years. I'll be sharing your comments with our team. You'll be glad to know we are in the planning stages for updating the hotel, and we're happy to hear you enjoy the staff and amenities we offer, such as the pool and fitness center. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed there for 11 days on a business trip - average hotel - rooms were quite a distance away from the reception - rooms were fairly sized and clean - Bathroom had a tub - Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator & iron/ironing board and provided. Breakfast was poor - very little choice, no omelettes (had to be paid for separately), very poor selection and extremely boring over 11 days. service was good overall though my team members did have some trouble dealing with the reception. Would not like to stay again if i have a choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank arunkmurthy
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. We appreciate your feedback! I apologize that we did not meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We will review your comments as a team and use them to create a better guest experience, as well as look for opportunities to enhance the services for those guests who are staying with us on a longer term basis, especially when it comes to food and beverage options.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Good hotel near to small Mall, a Kroger, with other attractions nearby.
Hotel has many facilities including workout room and fairly large indoor pool.
Hotel bar serves good food and drinks.
Rooms are large, comfortable and clean.
Hotel staff delivered professional service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
cybulski, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

We're happy to hear you enjoyed many of the services and features we offer to all of our guests! I'll be sharing your thoughts with all of our departments so can commend our team on a job well done. We do hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. I didn't deal with the staff directly, but my husband said that they were very nice and helpful. Beds and pillows were comfortable. The pool is super nice, just wish there was a hot tub. Close to a lot of things to do and places to eat. Very quick drive to the zoo and Easton Town Center. The only complaint I have is that the shower didn't get hot enough. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank April519

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Worthington. We appreciate your feedback! My apologies that the hot water was not up to temperature; I will share this with our Facility Manager to investigate the matter. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the location and were able to get out into the surrounding areas. Many of our guests like our location and the opportunities to explore the Columbus area are only a short commute away. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Miss Annette at the Front Desk makes this hotel a wonderful experience! I am a Seminar Speaker, and really appreciate front desk personnel who take care of me. If all employees were like Annette, my world would be a better place :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
cybulski, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so much for recognizing our Guest Experience Champion, Annette. I will be sharing your comments with her, as it is one of many we get about her. We hope your seminar went well and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I wanted to stay in a hotel that not only was clean, but also safe. This was it! The overall facility was nicely kept clean. The room thankfully did not have the smell of harsh chemicals, the bed sheets were crisp white and the bathroom was sparkly. I even tried the pool (something not usual for me)- the water was warm and I had a relaxing swim after a long day. As far as safety, I did not have the feeling that I would have my car broken into overnight. The hotel is an U-shape and it has a secluded parking lot inside the U, making me feel more at home than many other hotels. I did not use the hotel cafe, but I noticed nicely arranged tables when peeking. Exactly what I look for in a hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. I'll be sure to share your compliments about the cleanliness and safety you felt in our hotel with the team here. Many of our guests enjoy the amenities we offer such as the heated indoor pool and fitness center. We're happy to hear you did as well.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

When the Holiday Inn Express didn't have running water in the rooms (for hours all evening - see other review) they offered their guests a room at this place, the Holiday Inn 270 / Worthington, since managed by the same group.

We, along with several other guests and families, arrived here about 1030 pm. There were three men working the front desk who seemed to be expecting all of us. They worked mostly efficiently to get us all rooms, even if not overly welcoming. We weren't given the same type of room since they "weren't available". However the next morning I inquired at the front desk at their occupancy that night, and they were far from full.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank funntimes

Dear funntimes,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. My apologies that you were inconvenienced and that your stay here was due to an unexpected issue at the Holiday Inn Express. We are happy that we could accommodate you. While we honor every room type and location request we possibly can, there are times when we are unable to due to different room type availability around the building. We hope you understand and are glad you joined us despite difficult circumstances.

Holiday Inn Worthington

Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#53 of 145 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Worthington

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!