“Needs work”

Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here three nights. The room was just adequate. The coffee and cups were not replenished. The hallway was not cleaned since we saw strips of paper there through our stay. There was also a paper cup on a stairway for at least two days. The hotel is rather tired and in need of a facelift. We didn't realize when we booked an AARP rate that it did not include breakfast which we have gotten used to having. No coffee/tea station either. We will not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ndfred
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Ndfred,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Worthington. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the issues you mentioned and for any inconveniences they may have caused. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to insure a more consistent guest experience as it relates to the cleanliness of the rooms, the replenishing of product, and the cleanliness of the public areas of the hotel. We do hope you'll change your mind and provide us with the opportunity to be our guest again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here on a business trip and enjoyed the large, clean room. The location, close to many major roads, was also convenient.

The only complaints I have, both minor, are that the check-in service was slow. The hotel had only one person working, and he spent several minutes on the phone without even making eye contact to acknowledge he knew I was there. Someone else finally came to the front desk to check me in. Also, the room, while large and clean, had a tired decor.

Despite those complaints, I would stay here again. Clean, quiet rooms are worth a few inconveniences now and then.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the interior if possible. This hotel is made up of two "buildings" and r...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel. I do want to apologize though about the extended length of time it took to check in. I'm sharing your comments with our front desk team so we can be more efficient going forward. We hope you will join us again when you are in the Columbus area.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is not new, but in good condition. Clean safe good parking. Good exercise equipment. Staff very attentive and ready to help with requests or directions. Good value, presently some road repairs on roads leading to hotel, but tolerable, and not the hotels fault of course. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Linjac,

Thank you for your recent review about the Holiday Inn Worthington. We were glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and the amenities we provide. I will share your comments with our team, and we hope you will return and stay again soon!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Recently I stayed at the Holiday Inn Worthington. The hotel floor plan is quite sprawling, but parking is close no matter the location of your sleeping room. The actual sleeping area in the room needs a facelift but the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom has plenty of light and the tub/shower is fine. Complimentary wi-fi is a bonus although it was necessary to sign back in frequently. The breakfast buffet had plenty of options and the hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The area around the hotel has several restaurants within walking distance and there is a small indoor shopping mall across the street and a Kroger's.

Room Tip: Do NOT book a room near the ice machine!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. Many of our guests enjoy our convenient location and the services the hotel offers. We're happy that you had a pleasant stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at this property for a conference so I spent most of my time in the hotel. The layout is a bit odd because the hotel is in a U-shape but, the signage is helpful and you can access other parts of the building if you walk outside instead of through the halls. There are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance as well as a grocery store across the street. Our room had plenty of space, plenty of hot water, and a fridge. Other people that I attended the conference with had a microwave in their room, but mine did not. The room was clean and the air conditioning worked well. All of the staff that I interacted with were friendly. Everyone smiled and acknowledged me as I walked the property. We had catered food from the hotel and it was good but not great. The breakfast buffet has your standard fare: eggs, bacon, French toast, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, etc. Overall, it was a pleasant stay and fairly quiet at night as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings and thank you for your comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay while attending your meetings at the hotel. We also were happy that your room was comfortable and everything was in working order to your satisfaction. Should your business plans bring you back to the Columbus area, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Rooms were very clean and beds were very comfortable. Stayed on first floor and it was quiet, even with other conferences and participants staying there as well.

Air conditioner was tricky - thermostat was off and difficult to adjust to get comfortable so that was constantly being adjusted. (75 degrees was more like 68 or so!) Air conditioner was clicking and kept me up the first night, it would also run for a VERY long time and get really cold, even though the thermostat was not adjusted. (This was not just a problem in my room - others attending our meetings had the same problem with the thermostats in their rooms.)

Air conditioners were very loud and the TV had to be turned on to at least 14 on volume while air was on...could hear (loud and clear!) the tv on in the room next door at 6 a.m.

Breakfast buffet was delicious - hot and cold and fresh fruits. Lunches were good as well; dinner was a different story. Chicken Teriyaki (?) over rice with vegetables was a little bland and were more filled up from dessert than from dinner.

Bartenders in the cafe were very patient, accommodating, and were willing to stay open until about 12:15 a.m. (If you are looking to stay out later to mingle, socialize, and have a few drinks into wee hours of the morning, you may want to consider other bars in the area.) We were able to have a midnight snack of pizza (delivered) and were able to eat in the cafe while playing cards, having a few drinks, and socializing.

Parking was a bit of an issue, as some sections were blocked off. It is a little confusing as far as navigating around the hotel at first; however, became easier after the first day.

Conference rooms were very clean and internet connection was great (we weren't constantly booted offline). Restrooms were easily accessible and very clean as well.

Checkout was at 11 a.m.and our meetings went until noon. We were unable to get a late checkout. The hotel was completely booked the first weekend in June and during the conference, and that is a strong testament to the staff and management. Although dinner had a lot to be desired, this was a fantastic and convenient place to stay.

We will be having more meetings here in the future, and I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Some colleagues stayed in rooms on the lowest level. Some rooms are nicer than others - recently rem...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Worthington. We look forward to you returning for future meetings. I do want to apologize for the noise issue concerning the air conditioner in your room. I am sharing your thoughts with our maintenance team in order to evaluate the noise levels of the A/C in all of our guest rooms. We'll see you next time around.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed at this property under several different brand names. Typical older building design, walls are a bit thin so noise does carry. Some what of a strange building lay out so if you don't get around well best make sure your room has easy access to food etc. Pool is small and indoors, summer not so great winter that could be a stay saver. Staff is helpful. Restaurant and bar are nice, food is above average and prices aren't outrageous. There are conference/banquet facilities on property. Rooms have microwave, fridge and flat screen tv. WiFi is complimentary. The property is close to shopping and other food. You can walk to shopping, food is driving.

Room Tip: Drive up parking in the back. Those less able ask for rooms close to lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Eric C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for the comments about your stay with us. I will be sharing these comments with all of the departments in order to help them celebrate our successes as well as work on improving our product and service levels for all of our guests to enjoy. We do hope to see you again soon!

Eric Cybulski

Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthington
Hyatt Place Columbus/Worthington
Doubletree Hotel Columbus Worthington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Worthington
Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington
Sheraton Suites Columbus
Sheraton Suites Columbus
#53 of 145 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Worthington

Been to Holiday Inn Columbus N - I-270 Worthington? Share your experiences!