“The worst restaurant I ever ate at!”

Nicolinni's Restaurante
Ranked #111 of 440 Restaurants in Youngstown
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Rt 224 boardman I can not believe this place is still open, it took for ever to get seated, the young tall skinny blond is nice to look at but nOt very with it, then when we finally got seated it took forever to get waited on, I ordered a martini, usually a very simple drink with only 2 ingredients apparently that was to hard. The food was cold very bland, I understand they have a house dressing but not everyone wants to eat a vinegar base dressing when I asked to see a manager Janet came to my table and she was extremely rude and would not do anything for me, I also understand it's not a corporation I wasnt looking for a free meal but I also don't want to pay for a meal that I couldn't eat also. This wasn't the only bad experience I had at this same place I thought I would give it a second chance, wow worst decision I made in a while. unless you have cash to blow at disgusting food I would recombine you not go there

1  Thank M271978

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I recently went to Nicolinni's in Austintown with my boyfriend and his family and had the worst restaurant experience ever in my life! First off, my boyfriends parents got coffee to drink which was cold (they had gotten at least 3 more refills of coffee which were also cold every time). The waitress was very short, not friendly, and very unknowledgeable. We had gotten there around 6:30 that evening and by 8:00, when the two tables of people who had been seated after us had gotten their food and we had heard nothing about ours, we were ready to leave. We had asked for our check for the items that we had already eaten (the drinks and appetizers), and when the waitress came over, she claimed that our food was in the window and proceeded to make up some excuse as to why the others had gotten their food before we did, and honestly, the establishment was not even very busy this particular evening. When we had gotten our check, the bill was about $55.00, and we did not even get our meals! We were charged for drinks and appetizers, as expected, but were very surprised to see that we were charged for 5 salads totaling 20 dollars!!! We did not order the salads, and when we questioned that, they had told us that they came with our meals, which we did not even receive our meals! We then paid and were headed towards the doors to leave, and my boyfriend's sister heard the rude waitress mocking her in the bar area. She immediately addressed that and the self claimed "owner", a heavy-set man dressed like a slob in a baseball cap, t-shirt, and shorts, stepped in and was very rude to us also and used profanity, backing up his waitress and also the decision to charge us for the salads. He even got in my boyfriend's face and was yelling at one point. I, myself, work in customer service and would never even think of talking to any of my customers the way we were talked to and treated that night, all in front of my 4 year old niece!

2  Thank AprilDiamond28
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Atmosphere is wonderful. Yummy salad and breadsticks. Not the best chicken parm or pasta, but it was good.

Reviewed 3 August 2010

We stopped at Niccolinis on Racoon Road and left after a quick review of the menu (basic Italian fare) and finding out that they did not serve wine on Sunday. We headed to the other side of town and went to Niccolinis on 224. The menu was modern and the menu of a first rate restaurant. My wife had the Chicken with Italian greens, a house speciai according to the waitress, and SHE LOVED IT. I had the aged sirloin steak and it was, in my opinion, better than my wife's dish. They sure know how to prepare and serve steaks. We highly recommend this restaurant. Our waitress, Marina, was as good a waitress as you will find anywhere. The atmosphere was suitable for fine dining. The price made this restaurant an outstanding value. You should not leave without trying the homemade ice cream and sorbet. We were literally blow away by both - THEY WERE SOOO GOOD.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

The restraurant on US 224 is so relaxing; elegant surroundings; and the food is to die for. The chicken marsala is heaven and the greens are true Italian; the Briarhill pizza and potato and greens pizza are both the best; the pastry chef always makes a special dessert for the day that reminds me of the Belagio in Vegas.

1  Thank Krompy