Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“In a word, EXCELLENT.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The experience started at the reception desk. We arrived early and the general manager checked to see if a clean room was available (they were sold out from the night before). Next to the manager was a gentleman on the phone giving his apologies for having no rooms available for the evening, and then, from memory, gave the names and numbers of three other local hotels the person could call. We checked in early to a spotless room with gratitude. After a swim in the pool, we wanted to wash our clothes but the washing machine was not working. No worries! The housekeeping staff washed our load of laundry at no charge in their facilities. A great breakfast bar awaited us in the morning, as well as a friendly send off from the staff, including the general manager. This hotel by far was the best experience I have had as a Priority Club member through IHG. Simply impressive.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed 15 September 2013

me and my mom stayed at your hotel on the way back from ct and it was a very clean and the beds where comfy we stayed on sept 5 and we had a great nights sleep and breakfast was terrific love it tracey

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear 487ginger45,

Thank you for a great review! We always strive to satisfy every guest and it is rewarding to us when we do! We are so glad you've enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your comments to our staff as a job well done! Come back to see us soon!
Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This HIE is actually in Austintown," just west of Youngstown, Ohio. Perfect location for a layover when traveling from Philadelphia to Chicago. New, clean, great staff, comfortable beds, and a myriad of choices for included breakfast, including eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns, and much much more. We stayed on our way westbound and on our way back. Also offers a"Manager's Reception" on certain days which includes wine, beer and hors d'oeurves.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Bannyrose,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are always glad to see our valued guests satisfied and their comments, like yours are what show us that hard work does pay off. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip out west!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We needed a place to stay close to a party we were going to. I read the reviews for this HI Express and they were spot on!!! When we checked in Anthony and the whole afternoon crew was very friendly. Anthony asked if I needed a wake up call? I told him a have a 4 1/2 yr old son. He said "So you brought your alarm clock with you." Lol. Our room had two queen beds and the room was pretty spacious! The beds were comfortable also. When we came back from our party we asked Randy and Mark at the front desk for a good place to order pizza. They recommended a local place and it was great!! They also helped us get plates and napkins so we could eat our pizza in the lobby. They were extremely helpful and friendly!! We enjoyed the pool later in the evening & the next morning. The pool was very clean as well as the hot tub. I did not personally go to the breakfast in the am, but my husband said there were plenty of options. My kids brought me up a cinnamon roll and it was awesome!!! If we were in the area again we would stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Everything that you could possibly need for an overnight stay. I was amazed at the amenities. There was everything a girl could want in the bathroom, hairdryer, magnifying mirror etc. There was an extra pillow and blanket in the closet. They had microwaves in the room with popcorn!
A great little table to throw your stuff on when you walk in the door. It was incredibly clean and the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel is pretty new and was very clean and comfortable. It's not in Youngstown, but we only needed a place to sleep on the way to MI (we weren't there to sight-see). It was easy to get on and off of I-80 and it's surrounded by food options (Quaker Steak & Lube, Bob Evans, a couple of mexican places, Cracker Barrel, plus the usual McDonald's and a Dunkin). The staff was friendly, there was free wi-fi, and there was even a Twizzler with a welcome note on our bed! The cool thing is they have soft and firm pillows, which are labeled for you on the pillow cases. It does offer free breakfast, which we ate. It wasn't the best breakfast I ever had, but it certainly did the trick (cereals, muffins, toaster for bagels and bread, a pancake maker, etc). We would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank littleone3282
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear litttleone3282,
Thank you for a nice review of your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable over night visit. We look forward to your return to the Mahoning Valley and to show you our award winning service again! Have a great day!
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks while on a business trip from Texas. The rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfortable, hotel staff is friendly and accomadating, and the restaraunts within walking distance are a big plus. They have a 24 hr coffee bar, which for me was awesome. Free breakfast every morning is great too, even though I had to be at work before it started most of the time. The free in room wifi is pretty good, although it lags sometimes. They have a guest laundry room, which would be better if they had more than one set of machines, but waiting for a turn still beats going the laundry mat any day for me. All in all I had a great stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on staying in the area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Anthony C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Riffking69,

Thank you for your recent review. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding wen a guest recognizes our award winning staff and service. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as a reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our property a leader in excellence in the Youngstown area! We hope to see you again soon!